U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 05:27 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,745,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Do organic body care products exist? Body care is one category I do not expect to be organic in a specialty organic grocery store.
Yes

Sprouts seems to lean towards the more natural side of food, but they are not as strict as Whole Foods. Whole Foods has ingredients they do not allow in their products. Sprouts carries conventional products that contain those ingredients according to their site. I couldn't find anything on Sprouts website stating they ban certain ingredients such as artificial colors/flavors, trans fats, artificial sweeteners, like Whole Foods does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:58 PM

14,377 posts, read 17,656,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Yes

Sprouts seems to lean towards the more natural side of food, but they are not as strict as Whole Foods. Whole Foods has ingredients they do not allow in their products. Sprouts carries conventional products that contain those ingredients according to their site. I couldn't find anything on Sprouts website stating they ban certain ingredients such as artificial colors/flavors, trans fats, artificial sweeteners, like Whole Foods does.
Because they don't. They cater to the healthy eating crowd but still carry regular stuff. My theory is that all those folks demanding and paying for organic, gluten free, vegan, free range, grass fed, massaged by 47 virgins food products are paying a premium. That premium allows Sprouts to make a profit while selling me the 'regular, unhealthy' stuff at GREAT prices.

And that's what I love about Sprouts.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Because they don't. They cater to the healthy eating crowd but still carry regular stuff. My theory is that all those folks demanding and paying for organic, gluten free, vegan, free range, grass fed, massaged by 47 virgins food products are paying a premium. That premium allows Sprouts to make a profit while selling me the 'regular, unhealthy' stuff at GREAT prices.

Cool story, and awesome exaggeration about the virgins

Hopefully sprouts has a good selection of products that do not contain questionable ingredients. Most products in Whole Foods are not organic, but just have certain ingredients banned from their store which I appreciate. I also hope their prepared foods are good too because I would stop in pretty often for lunch. HT selection of natural foods is not that great.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:48 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,922,683 times
Quote:

This must be a dream come true for you, if you previously lived in Phoenix! I worked for Sprouts in Los Angeles many years ago...good company and good stores.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:52 PM

4,349 posts, read 2,283,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Hopefully sprouts has a good selection of products that do not contain questionable ingredients.
Yes they do, just as everyone of us that have actually stepped foot in one have been attempting to tell you...

Old 12-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yes they do, just as everyone of us that have actually stepped foot in one have been attempting to tell you...

I'll form my own opinion once I go inside myself. I find opinions about food vary greatly amongst people.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:59 PM

6 posts, read 8,553 times
Well this is promising news! We're looking into moving to the Raleigh area from Colorado, and the food situation is one of the items on my little "concerns" list. About half of my grocery shopping is at Sprouts, and I'm within 5 miles of 3 different locations. Sprouts is about half the price of Whole Foods ("Whole Paycheck" as my son says) and the produce is fantastic, as is the meat. As another poster alluded -- it's like you fill up 4 bags packed with produce and some meat and you're like "what? $50?".. whereas at WF it'd be an arm and a leg.

Trader Joe's invaded the Denver area over the last few years to a lot a applause from all the California transplants so I checked out 2 of them... I was pretty shocked. It was a dump compared to Sprouts, so I've been puzzled regarding the hoopla that surrounded it.

We'll likely be relocating either east or south of Raleigh so I guess we'll have to plan our trips to Sprouts and hope they continue to expand.

Sprouts ROCKS!!!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:28 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by citywitch View Post
Well this is promising news! We're looking into moving to the Raleigh area from Colorado, and the food situation is one of the items on my little "concerns" list. About half of my grocery shopping is at Sprouts, and I'm within 5 miles of 3 different locations. Sprouts is about half the price of Whole Foods ("Whole Paycheck" as my son says) and the produce is fantastic, as is the meat. As another poster alluded -- it's like you fill up 4 bags packed with produce and some meat and you're like "what? $50?".. whereas at WF it'd be an arm and a leg.

Trader Joe's invaded the Denver area over the last few years to a lot a applause from all the California transplants so I checked out 2 of them... I was pretty shocked. It was a dump compared to Sprouts, so I've been puzzled regarding the hoopla that surrounded it.

We'll likely be relocating either east or south of Raleigh so I guess we'll have to plan our trips to Sprouts and hope they continue to expand.

Sprouts ROCKS!!!
Publix is another option for you to consider. Good luck with the move.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:54 PM

14,377 posts, read 17,656,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Publix is another option for you to consider. Good luck with the move.
Umm, not if low prices are expected. (I know Sprouts very well and was, in fact, a shopper at their very first store in Chandler, AZ.)

Old 01-02-2017, 10:18 PM
PDF

Quote:
Umm, not if low prices are expected. (I know Sprouts very well and was, in fact, a shopper at their very first store in Chandler, AZ.)
You're right. Just saying that it's a store they most likely haven't tried. Who knows, they might like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary