U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,552 times

Advertisements

I moved up here with my family and we have been renting in the Cary area. We just began looking for homes and really like some real estate in Franklin County. I know it's a bit farther from RTP and Raleigh, but that isn't a big deal concerning our jobs. However, I have heard all negative things when asking co-workers around here. I was hoping to hear from others. We have seen nice homes in Louisburg and heard about a place called Lake Royale that is nice. I have been reading through those threads I just discovered on this site as well.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,967,689 times
We own a home in Lake Royale. We bought it as second home in 2008, lived in it full time from 2009-2011, and since then is back to being a second home. We like the Lake and recommend checking it out. It's not a high-end subdivision (there are some very nice homes, mostly lakefront) but it is much better than its reputation IMO. There are other areas in Franklin County as well with reasonably priced homes. With the improvements on 401 (some completed, some years from being started), the drive into Raleigh via that route should be getting better.

PM me if you want any specifics about Lake Royale. I enjoy dispelling many of the misconceptions I see online (with the understanding that some of the Lake's reputation is deserved).

Old 02-08-2016, 01:55 PM

1,533 posts, read 5,018,905 times
I have a couple clients in the Lake Royale area, and they love it. You have all different sections of the lake from starter homes, to custom and larger homes as well as trailers and mobile homes. Nice quiet area, and gated so not anybody can just ride around your neighborhood. They have alot of community events in that neighborhood.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:19 PM

514 posts, read 415,724 times
You definitely have a better chance of finding "country homes" east of Raleigh. Franklin, Nash, and Johnston can all offer that. Further south is Harnett, which is another way to get more land and more home for less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or