U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:49 AM

1,356 posts, read 3,468,853 times

Advertisements

Sounds like it might be endometriosis. I would recommend seeing Dr. Bruton who is in the Lake Boone Trail area. She's a superb gyn who focuses on issues like yours while preserving fertility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 05:08 PM

3,149 posts, read 6,953,805 times
^Don't think so. O.P. already stated she was simply spoiled from not having them which is typical of the Mirena and now it's been removed her periods are back to normal.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:03 PM

60 posts, read 75,912 times
My own periods were unbearable after my cesarean. Felt like sharp knives up my bum and urethra. I think I have endometriosis, but haven't had the diagnostic laparoscopy yet.
The high doses of ibuprofen I took would barely touch the pain. I had to take super hot baths and drink turmeric tea to help. Turmeric tea is wonderful for inflammation body-wide.
I'm on a progesterone only pill, which helps now, plus vitamin d, but not an option if you are trying for pregnancy.
One other note, if you are trying to get pregnant, definitely check in with a new OBGYN for a checkup since your periods should not be as painful as that. It really could be endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
I recommend Kamm McKenzie in North Raleigh.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:25 PM

527 posts, read 563,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I'm sorry about my earlier post. Somehow in reading I missed the intent. After rereading I get what you were asking. Chalk it up to my diminishing comprehension skills.

Oddly enough just this past Wednesday my paraguard IUD came out(well sorta but TMI). That was a fun trip to urgent care I wasn't prepared for. I'm now considering Mirena but was apprehensive about the hormones. I chose Paraguard before because of the duration and no hormones. I had it for approx 9 years without any problems. However it didn't seem to effect my period at all. Did the Mirena make a big difference?
Mirena made a HUGE difference.

So as a teen, and into my early, early 20s, my period was AWFUL, but I didn't know that that wasn't normal. I went on Mirena when I was 22ish because it fit my lifestyle and it was amazing. My period went from Niagara Falls to spotting, to pretty much nothing. But when my 5 years was up and I started talking to my husband about kids, it made sense not to start anything else, and now I'm kicking myself. I was MISERABLE. It just ended and I'm already dreading next month.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowk09 View Post
Sounds like it might be endometriosis. I would recommend seeing Dr. Bruton who is in the Lake Boone Trail area. She's a superb gyn who focuses on issues like yours while preserving fertility.
That's really interesting. I may check her out. I cannot believe how miserable I was. Miserable enough to blather on about menses in a public forum if that tells you anything. Woof.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigboo View Post
My own periods were unbearable after my cesarean. Felt like sharp knives up my bum and urethra. I think I have endometriosis, but haven't had the diagnostic laparoscopy yet.
The high doses of ibuprofen I took would barely touch the pain. I had to take super hot baths and drink turmeric tea to help. Turmeric tea is wonderful for inflammation body-wide.
I'm on a progesterone only pill, which helps now, plus vitamin d, but not an option if you are trying for pregnancy.
One other note, if you are trying to get pregnant, definitely check in with a new OBGYN for a checkup since your periods should not be as painful as that. It really could be endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
I recommend Kamm McKenzie in North Raleigh.
Sucks. I hope not fibroids. Those sound not good. I want kids with my husband so bad. I hope this doesn't bode poorly for my fertility.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 AM

60 posts, read 75,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
Sucks. I hope not fibroids. Those sound not good. I want kids with my husband so bad. I hope this doesn't bode poorly for my fertility.
Only one way to find out! Don't be scared. Lots can be done to help. Be sure to schedule your doctors appointment!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:51 PM

168 posts, read 100,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
So, last year I went off Mirena after my 5 years was up. Mirena was great to me, and I've been going to Blue Ridge OBGYN for my yearly. But since going off in July, and discussing the possibility of starting a family with my husband, my period have been absolutely unbearable. I've gone ahead and made an appointment back at Blue Ridge, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of someone I can see or something I can do to ease this bloating, heavy bleeding, and general feeling that I'm going to die every month? Acupuncture? Massage? Yoga? A naturopathic doctor? A nutritionist that is skilled with this?

I'm very active, eat very well, and do all the normal things that they suggest when you tell folks you're having these issues, but I'm really at a loss. I don't want to go BACK on birth control because like I said, we would like to get pregnant in the next 6 months to a year or so, but I don't want to do this every month while I wait.

Suggestions?

"So", how is your husband going to get pregnant? Please just stop the cutesy.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 PM

1,172 posts, read 1,722,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan20 View Post
"So", how is your husband going to get pregnant? Please just stop the cutesy.
Pretty lame comment IMO.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Pretty lame comment IMO.
Extremely lame comment. And has ZIP to do with my original post.

Moving right along, thanks for your guys' suggestions. I made an appointment, but am not able to get in until later this month, so I'm going to continue with all the "at-home" remedies (the Aleve, Midol, and working out a little harder during that time to lighten the load), and then I will see what the doc has to recommend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or