U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:49 PM

241 posts, read 684,700 times

Advertisements

This isn't necessarily weather related but it's happening as I write this post.
I ordered an item from California on January 25. It left the post office on the same day at 4:15 pm. On the 26th it arrived at Fayetteville, NC at 7:50pm. It left there at 8:03pm. Then it arrived in Charlotte the next day at 10:35pm (more than 24hrs to get from Fayetteville to Charlotte). It left Charlotte today at 1:22 am. It then arrived in Greensboro at 4:14pm today, where it still sits as of this moment. Oh, by the way, did I mention that it was PRIORITY 2-Day. Also as of now there is no official estimated delivery date. You pay for priority shipping, then you're lucky if you get parcel post, and I do mean LUCKY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 02:58 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,762,763 times
2-Day isn't a guarantee. If you absolutely need it there quicker, use a guaranteed service, either Priority Mail Express or UPS/FedEx...it'll cost more. Even they don't guarantee in weather situations, however. Know yours was shipped after the storm, but there may still have been some ripple effects.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM

If it's not a guarantee, then what is it? False advertising or bait and switch?

Old 01-28-2016, 03:07 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,762,763 times
It's an estimate.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:09 PM

Ha ha.... I guess so.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:22 PM

386 posts, read 671,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsnc View Post
This isn't necessarily weather related but it's happening as I write this post.
I ordered an item from California on January 25. It left the post office on the same day at 4:15 pm. On the 26th it arrived at Fayetteville, NC at 7:50pm. It left there at 8:03pm. Then it arrived in Charlotte the next day at 10:35pm (more than 24hrs to get from Fayetteville to Charlotte). It left Charlotte today at 1:22 am. It then arrived in Greensboro at 4:14pm today, where it still sits as of this moment. Oh, by the way, did I mention that it was PRIORITY 2-Day. Also as of now there is no official estimated delivery date. You pay for priority shipping, then you're lucky if you get parcel post, and I do mean LUCKY.
RWSNC,

I recently spent the extra money and ordered something two-day priority and it took a week to get to me. I swear if I had just ordered it regular mail, it would have arrived sooner. Bizarre!

Old 01-28-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
RWSNC,

I recently spent the extra money and ordered something two-day priority and it took a week to get to me. I swear if I had just ordered it regular mail, it would have arrived sooner. Bizarre!

I think you're right.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,216,584 times
UPS handed a package off the the USPS for delivery to our home. This happened 3 days ago and the package has made it's rounds all over NC. Looks like it's going to be about 5-8 days from the UPS handoff until we get it. I really do not understand this at all.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:40 AM

565 posts, read 530,552 times
I made an insurance claim on a lost package once and was denied. Was told they delivered it. Asked for proof. "Oh, you had to have bought something else in addition to the insurance for that."

So basically postal insurance is useless if they lose your package and the carrier claims it was delivered.

I appealed and did eventually get a payment, but I was not happy about being sold something worthless.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:46 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,238,189 times
We should be reimbursed when a package is late!

I was supposed to receive some important documents from Florida on Friday. I told the sender I was willing to spend the extra money for Priority 2-3 day flat rate mail. So instead of a 49 ct stamp, I paid $6.45 to feel more confident. Well, that was Tuesday. On Friday the tracking info showed the envelope was headed in the wrong direction, so I knew it wasn't going to be delivered to me. I called the originating post office and the clerk wasn't helpful at all. All she said was "it was probably misdirected." I said, "Yes, I know, since a package from FL to NC shouldn't be in Chicago." Maybe someone thinks NC is in the Midwest? I started to wonder if the clerk who printed the tracking label entered ND or NE. Okay, we all make mistakes, but now I need to know what's next.

Right now the tracking still shows "Expected Delivery Date: Friday, March 11, 2016." So that's giving me a lot of hope. It's still in Chicago, but moved from Chicago 60701 to Chicago Metro Hub. I don't know what that means, but if you pay $6.45 for a few documents and can't expect delivery to the correct state, we're all in big trouble.

Maybe I'm being a little neurotic, but if the delivery date were updated and someone was at least paying attention to the tracking (except for yours truly) I'd feel a lot better.

By the way, for years I've been telling people "the post office is great. this never happens to me." Well, now it has. The papers I need are very important and could not be emailed or faxed, since I need the originals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary