U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:11 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,220,119 times

Advertisements

Who have you folks been complaining too for North Raleigh mail issues? The office on Falls? Someone is getting an earful tomorrow.

7 of our last 8 Amazon Prime purchases were either days late, or never delivered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 PM

641 posts, read 482,034 times
Just heard about a neighbor getting mail on Friday with a couple of pieces that were postmarked in September. Another neighbor stopped the mail truck last week, as it wasn't stopping at every house and did not seem to be following any kind of route at all. The driver said that none of the mail was pre-sorted when loaded in his truck, and basically was all simply thrown into a big box, all mixed up. This entire situation is currently beyond any reasonable limit and seems to be getting even worse. I can't imagine what this next month will be like. We have had numerous folks complain to the postmaster at the Falls of Neuse location and through the USPS website. It seems like that's what the postmaster is hoping for, in order to get additional resources.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:52 PM

572 posts, read 577,363 times
I didn't complain. Thought it was a one-off. Wish I had now.
I did get a Christmas card on last Tuesday that was posted in Cardiff,Wales on Friday before. How can they manage to get a card across the Atlantic in 2 business days but not local stuff?!

Old 12-01-2015, 12:46 AM

1,964 posts, read 2,385,796 times
Not sure about N. Raleigh specifically but I have also experienced inconsistency with the USPS. It used to take 3 days or so to get letter across the country and it is now 4-6 days. I also mailed an important package which never arrived. I spoke with the woman at the post office and found out the PO had been broken into and most of the letters and packages stolen. I would have never known had I not asked.. As much as the USPS has deteriorated these days, I couldn't imagine the US without it.. It would cost an awful lot for the private carriers to ship something..

Old 12-01-2015, 11:14 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,051,158 times
Nice that this thread is still going when I finally have something to add. Up to now I haven't had any problems with USPS since we moved to West Raleigh (no problems when we lived downtown, but anyway...) however last Wednesday I ordered a small item from Amazon with Prime shipping. It was send via USPS with an arrival estimate between Nov. 30th and December 2nd. Hadn't gotten any delivery notifications so I was surprised when it was at the house yesterday when I got home. Glad it got there in a timely manner but still hasn't been marked as delivered...

Old 12-10-2015, 05:32 PM

I need help! I ordered photo cards to post to England and they were due to be delivered by usps yesterday. I tracked them from Michigan to Raleigh on the website of vistaprint then it said arrived in Raleigh and handed to usps. My heart sank. And sure enough they've not turned up. Any idea how I can find out where they are and get them delivered. Vistaprint said they can only offer a refund. Not much use!!

Old 12-11-2015, 12:28 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,220,119 times
Just give it several days. It usually takes 2-5 days for me, once a parcel is handed over to the local USPS.

We've resorted to checking our mail in the morning since it hadn't been arriving until 8-9pm lately.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:01 AM

I'm so frantic to get these cards I'm checking my mail 5 times a day! Thanks for replying

Old 12-11-2015, 12:26 PM

641 posts, read 482,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Just give it several days. It usually takes 2-5 days for me, once a parcel is handed over to the local USPS.

We've resorted to checking our mail in the morning since it hadn't been arriving until 8-9pm lately.
That's our experience as well, and seems to be part of the "new normal" for those of us north of I540. We had a neighbor report from his conversation with the mail carrier that everybody's mail/packages were indeed in his truck (as opposed to at some Post Office or distribution center) - it would just take a few days for him to sort through the backlog and get folks their deliveries.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:33 AM

14 posts, read 43,209 times
Ordered item on Amazon 12/10 received it 12/12 @ 10:00am through USPS great job as always!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary