U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 02:46 PM

655 posts, read 238,924 times

Advertisements

My toddler loves going to UNC football games. We were planning to go tomorrow, but the kickoff is at 3:30 (right around her nap). We may go to the NC State vs UNC game at the end of the season but tickets are pricey - $75

What are some exciting football games in the area. Any good high school games coming up that will have a band, mascot, draw a big crowd, etc? The closer to Chapel Hill, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 03:35 PM

3,406 posts, read 8,991,901 times
Isn't HS football pretty much done for the season by now?

Old 11-13-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Isn't HS football pretty much done for the season by now?
I would think there would be some playoff games and some games Thanksgiving day?

Old 11-13-2015, 04:49 PM

15,731 posts, read 23,966,899 times
HS playoffs are now. They should be done by Thanksgiving. Most HS games are at night, not sure how that works for your toddler. I feel ya on not wanting to miss nap time.

There is HS playoff soccer right now. Maybe that would work?

Some local HS bands are in Indy right now for a competition.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:06 PM

9,950 posts, read 10,238,941 times
How long does your toddler nap for? Football games are long. She might not last the whole thing anyway. You could just go for the 2nd half and let her get a little shut eye first, or skip the nap at home and see if she will crash there. Lots of times little kids will sleep anywhere and the crowd sort of acts like white noise. When I was little I once fell asleep at a high school game and slept through the marching band and the whole bit.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
How long does your toddler nap for? Football games are long. She might not last the whole thing anyway. You could just go for the 2nd half and let her get a little shut eye first, or skip the nap at home and see if she will crash there. Lots of times little kids will sleep anywhere and the crowd sort of acts like white noise. When I was little I once fell asleep at a high school game and slept through the marching band and the whole bit.
The original plan to leave after her nap, but today she napped from 1-5pm. She usually naps until 3 or 4, but by the time we leave the house, park, walk to stadium, get to the seats, etc the game will probably be well into the second half. I think there's too much excitement at UNC with 60,000 fans especially with firing of the canons for her to nap during it.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:01 PM

3,059 posts, read 2,077,686 times
I'll be at the UNC game tomorrow and the group of folks I'm going with will not be creating an environment conducive to napping!!!

It's rare to see families with young kids stay past the 2nd quarter; most of the "fun stuff" for kids like tarheeltown and all of the pre-kickoff chants and colorguard/band hype is before the game starts.

Unless you know someone on the team at East, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro High school I really don't see a point in going to a game there. Tomorrow is UNC's last home game of the season; if that's your daughter likes it, I'd say take her!

Old 11-14-2015, 05:24 AM

1,840 posts, read 5,127,165 times
You can try the last duke game today at noon. You should be able to scalp general admission tickets for $5-10. Parking is easy, especially if you dont mind walking an extra half mile (corner of erwin and anderson)

Old 11-14-2015, 06:05 AM

742 posts, read 746,575 times
Last night was the first round of the high school playoffs. State championships are December 11-12 at Carter-Finley, Kenan Stadium & BB&T Field. You can view the brackets here:

http://www.nchsaa.org/sports/football

Old 11-14-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I'll be at the UNC game tomorrow and the group of folks I'm going with will not be creating an environment conducive to napping!!!

It's rare to see families with young kids stay past the 2nd quarter; most of the "fun stuff" for kids like tarheeltown and all of the pre-kickoff chants and colorguard/band hype is before the game starts.

Unless you know someone on the team at East, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro High school I really don't see a point in going to a game there. Tomorrow is UNC's last home game of the season; if that's your daughter likes it, I'd say take her!
We did this and decided to skip the nap. We went to all pregame stuff and she had a blast -- watching the band, picture with Ramses, climbing the bell tower, getting some food. We didn't last too long at the game, but she still had a lot of fun until she reached her limit. I think 3:30 kick off is the toughest time since it smack in the middle of nap, but we were happy we went.

We went to the Wake Forest night game too and the night game is an even better atmosphere (but we only stayed until half for that one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or