U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 06:08 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,218,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Nothing you've described would make me nervous. Is there something you're not telling us?

Never said anything about being nervous. I was just shocked at the "feel and look" of the shopping center in that area. The store was brand new, had just opened. It seemed more in line with what you'd find in SE Raleigh on that particular night. I did not expect to see so many people just hanging out or loitering on a weeknight. Like I said, loud music, people hanging out, way more people outside than actually in the store. It was just very odd looking for that neighborhood. I've been inside that store once, it's just not a regular shop of mine. If I need to go to a Food Lion I go to the one on Strickland near Six Forks. It just seemed "out of place".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRaleigh View Post
I personally love this Food Lion and have been going for over 10 years with never an issue with the "crowd".
The store I'm talking about is't even close to 10 years old. On the corner of Strickland and Ray Rd.

Last edited by TheBigKahunaNC; 11-19-2015 at 06:20 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 07:35 PM

4,036 posts, read 5,555,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Never said anything about being nervous. I was just shocked at the "feel and look" of the shopping center in that area. The store was brand new, had just opened. It seemed more in line with what you'd find in SE Raleigh on that particular night. I did not expect to see so many people just hanging out or loitering on a weeknight. Like I said, loud music, people hanging out, way more people outside than actually in the store. It was just very odd looking for that neighborhood. I've been inside that store once, it's just not a regular shop of mine. If I need to go to a Food Lion I go to the one on Strickland near Six Forks. It just seemed "out of place".
I still don't get what surprises you about the crowd. And what would you find in SE Raleigh?

Old 11-19-2015, 08:10 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,218,391 times
Keep fishing. I'm done. You can't be that thick.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:03 AM

2 posts, read 637 times
No this one does not have self checkout

Old 11-23-2016, 05:05 AM

2 posts, read 637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
A stocker at the Morrisville Walmart on 54 told me this particular location was on the list to get self-checkouts.
No they do not have them at this store. Sorry I know this is a year old thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:24 AM

1,528 posts, read 917,636 times
Two supercenters have self-checkouts back after being gone for a while.

Some of the older generation checkouts were moved to New Hope Church Road and New Bern Avenue (64).

The newer machines were installed at Triangle Town Center Walmart replacing the older ones which were very unreliable.

Problem with the self checkouts is that it's easy to steal using them if the attendant is not attentive.

At my Supercenter, Triangle, the attendants are more alert than previously and also provide courteous attention to customers needing assistance.

Target has also implemented automatic checkouts at the Triangle Super Target. Started with 4 units and there are noe 8, divided into 2 units of 4 at each end of the store.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:57 AM

489 posts, read 383,840 times
There is a self checkout line at the Walmart in Durham.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:10 AM

19,394 posts, read 17,110,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Problem with the self checkouts is that it's easy to steal using them if the attendant is not attentive.
This is true. I have seen supermarkets where the self checkout cashier has been pulled away to work at customer service or at another regular checkout. Smart levels of management would have a field day with store and department management on the importance of loss prevention.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:20 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,060,864 times
Best thing about self-checkout is a real repeat money-saver!

I scan in my coupons and pocket the big ones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary