U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:44 PM

407 posts, read 294,878 times

Advertisements

Korean: Try Kenko in Morrisville
Breakfast: LOVE Elmo's and also Nofo at the Pig in Raleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 PM

6,409 posts, read 4,495,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Soul food joints in the triangle:

Backyard BBQ near RTP is good
I've heard Chicken Hut in Durham is good
And I never remember the name of the place, I think it's on New Bern Ave in Raleigh, Someone's first name, is good.

Jamaican Joints? Nothing to add, but I want to try the one in Cary, and agree Jamaica Jamaica is aweful.

I was happy two new Korean spots have opened in Cary,
Really want to try Golden Pig, but haven't.

Breakfast joints, name me some spots with good prices and good portions, also places with turkey sausage and turkey bacon. Nothing to add

Went to this chili cook off competition, had this banging Texas cowboy chili made with brisket, any places where that is on the menu? also any places out there with goat burgers(there's this nice spot in saxapahaw but I need a spot that's closer. A place with wild game burgers would be cool too.
Saxapahaw Gen Store is awesome, but I agree it's a long drive. A few places do Buffalo and/or Lamb.

Totally off topic, but from your post and questions, i bet you'd like Bosphorus (Turkish) in DT Cary.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:26 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,086,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Saxapahaw Gen Store is awesome, but I agree it's a long drive. A few places do Buffalo and/or Lamb.

Totally off topic, but from your post and questions, i bet you'd like Bosphorus (Turkish) in DT Cary.
Been meaning to try it, heard it's really good .

Old 11-16-2015, 04:28 PM

2,470 posts, read 2,839,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth McToothingston View Post
Jamaica Jamaica on NC 55 is simply horrible. I have no idea how it stays in business.

It used to be very good about 20 years ago. I have not seen the guy that used to own it the past few times I was there. I wonder if someone else has been running it for the past 10+ years.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:30 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,256,625 times
Great tune, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN3-RjKa-ss

Old 11-16-2015, 05:53 PM

235 posts, read 205,809 times
For Korean, there is Seoul Garden. In the same general area of Raleigh, you can find Jamaican Grill.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,165,571 times
there's some relatively new (under a year) soul food joint called Soul 44 or somesuch on Six Forks at Celebration.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:06 PM

2,535 posts, read 2,707,005 times
As already mentioned for Jamaican food, Jerk Masters is pretty good..also the only Jamaican place I've tried here, so nothing to compare it to.. Their oxtail is great ;D

For breakfast, I like Brigs at the Park a lot..go there for breakfast with coworkers a few times a month. Prices are awesome and their Belgian waffles are life <3 They have wonky hours tho. I like Durham's Elmos more than Carrboro's but they are both definitely winners.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 AM

42 posts, read 42,599 times
In Durham, you might want to keep Shrimp Boats on your radar.

Shrimp Boats

Old 11-17-2015, 08:49 AM

280 posts, read 240,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Clyde Cooper's is the name of the BBQ place you are thinking of I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary