U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:01 AM

65 posts, read 58,459 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Looking for a local joint to buy some takeout BBQ for Son's birthday tomorrow. Preferably in the Brier Creek area. we are new to the area - my BBQ knowledge is limited to the Pit downtown and more recently the Backyard BBQ in Durham . Loved them both.

Any suggestions where to get some food to go? Want it all prepared and ready just to be heated up for Fridady night!

Cheers,
LAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 09:11 AM

9,558 posts, read 26,453,434 times
I'm not a ribs person but I hear the ribs at a new place off Creedmoor Rd in North Raleigh are pretty good. I would check out Sardi's Den

Old 11-19-2015, 09:17 AM

1,460 posts, read 1,653,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lar196 View Post
... Any suggestions where to get some food to go? Want it all prepared and ready just to be heated up for Friday night!
I enjoy take-out ribs from the Harris Teeter supermarket. They are usually on sale Saturdays but are available every day. Tasty, tender, reasonably priced.

These ribs come into the store already cooked, vacuum-packed, and frozen. Staff thaws a few at a time for immediate sale. On Saturdays they are already heated. Any way you buy them, a few minutes in the microwave oven and they are ready! Depending on personal taste these ribs might be served with baked beans, cole slaw, pickled beets, apple sauce. Yum!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:17 AM

1,844 posts, read 4,102,371 times
Look for Rose's ribs in the refrigerated case at Lowes Foods or Walmart. Don't tell anyone otherwise they will be sold out when I go to look for them. They are like 7-8 bucks per rack.
Throw 'em on a cookie sheet and heat 'em up. Thank me later.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:29 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,006,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm not a ribs person but I hear the ribs at a new place off Creedmoor Rd in North Raleigh are pretty good. I would check out Sardi's Den
Not a favorite. Not the worst I've ever had, just not a place I would think to go back a second time to for ribs (and I love ribs).

I love Smokey's on Chapel Hill Road, just south of I-540. A full rack is $20 and their wings are amazing as well.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:31 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,165,571 times
Id go back to the backyard bbq or call sardi's.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:39 AM

4,067 posts, read 5,578,733 times
I've only been there once or twice, but there is Danny's BBQ on TW Alexander & Miami Blvd. There was a Dickey's BBQ over by the Walmart but that closed, probably because of bad service.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,220,691 times
Oooh I got one for you. Fresh Market has the best BBQ ribs I've ever had. No lie, just bought some Tuesday and they were better then I remembered them years ago,when I used to work there. They have a dry rubbed BBQ(my favorite,less messy,not too spicy and you can dip in extra sauce if wanted) and a honey Bbq sauced style.The deli slow cooks them in a rotisserie oven daily and its off the chain delicious. Fork and teeth tender,no gristle or overly fatty sections. Pretty much all meat on those bones. Priced at $9.99/lb and are cut into half racks. I bought 2 large size ones and it was about $19. A little more expensive then other grocers but way better imo and I'm very picky when it comes to affairs of the swine.

I would pre-order the day before or that morning. With rotisserie items they only cook a limited amount,so that they are sold daily.When they are gone they're gone . They take special orders for rotisserie items all the time for customers that need larger quantities or a guaranteed item. Tell your son "Happy Birthday" and enjoy those ribs.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:02 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,006,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Id go back to the backyard bbq or call sardi's.
You're the second person to recommend Sardi's; what did I miss? The ribs were so unremarkable when I went that I literally have had no desire to return despite having had ribs at least a half dozen times since. I also didn't much care for the sauce on the side model as well.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:05 AM

387 posts, read 446,411 times
We really like Smokeys Shack on Chapel hill Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary