U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 04:37 PM
DPK

3,159 posts, read 3,439,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Park West? But, that's a haul.
Grace Park as well, either is a haul though. There's nothing really walkable to retail about Cotten Place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 05:21 PM

15,763 posts, read 24,005,969 times
Anything is a haul and not a particularly nice walk. There aren't any sidewalks along Morrisville-Carpenter Road at the moment.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:38 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,215,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I haven't been by there in a couple of years. Is there walkable shopping there now?
I was thinking it was close to that Wal-Mart shopping center. I've always been driving,so maybe it's further then I thought. My idea of relatively walkable would be anything under 10-15 minutes by foot. I always noticed teens walking down that street coming from the other neighborhoods, I suppose heading to the shopping center or maybe the greenways. Idk for sure and would prefer to defer to posters more familiar. So let's just say that you could walk it,if you really wanted too.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:42 PM

The stretch of Morrisville Carpenter Road you would have to traverse to get there is not walkable, it's barely drivable at this point. Closer to Grace Park (intersection with Davis Drive) it's fine. It's walkable in the sense that it's not far and relatively flat but that's about it.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:03 PM

33,117 posts, read 26,919,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The stretch of Morrisville Carpenter Road you would have to traverse to get there is not walkable, it's barely drivable at this point. Closer to Grace Park (intersection with Davis Drive) it's fine. It's walkable in the sense that it's not far and relatively flat but that's about it.
What people will do around here often amazes me. We saw a man with 2 young boys (presumably his sons) riding bicycles on Green Hope School Road today.

No bike lane. No shoulder to speak of.

These people were riding decent bikes, wearing helmets, etc.

The man should not have had kids that young on a road like that one.

It was...odd.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:50 AM

^^^Yeah I see people riding bikes on Louis Stephens south of Green Hope Elementary where it's basically a two lane country road, people with kids. At least if they are dressed like bikers you know they are probably taking precautions, it's the people wearing jeans and the ill fitting helmets who worry me (and they are usually the ones with kids with them).

That construction zone on M-C Road pretty much prohibits walking right now, unless you can wade through the ditches on the side of the road (haven't been over there in a few weeks, maybe it's gotten better).

Old 11-27-2015, 09:11 AM

2,284 posts, read 2,230,427 times
Quote:
What people will do around here often amazes me. We saw a man with 2 young boys (presumably his sons) riding bicycles on Green Hope School Road today.

No bike lane. No shoulder to speak of.

These people were riding decent bikes, wearing helmets, etc.

The man should not have had kids that young on a road like that one.

It was...odd.
I was coming from the airport a few nights ago and a man dressed in dark clothing was walking along the soft shoulder of Morrsiville Carpenter next to the woods. It is amazing what people do.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:27 AM

I think these people are not aware (especially at night) how dangerous it is to be where cars do NOT expect you to be.

Hell, I nearly hit a guy who was in that new crosswalk they threw up over on Walnut near downtown. There was a crosswalk there, but the street is dark and his clothes were dark. I was driving at the posted limit. All of a sudden, I saw legs moving in my peripheral vision, just up ahead. I slowed down so he could cross safely, but he never even broke his stride. Not once.

I'm just glad I saw him.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:28 AM

6 posts, read 5,175 times
Quote:
What size home and price range do you need, prashanth?

Do you need to be close to RTP or any particular schools?

A good many of us live in the Cary/Morrisville area, so if you're shopping around here, we might be able to assist as consumers.

Good luck in your search!

I am looking at SFH vs Town home. price 300-350K. I dont need any schools. Now cotten place is out of my list. Now I am looking at Creeks at Weston. Visited the location seems nice. Will you agree?

Old 11-27-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthnanganachi View Post
I am looking at SFH vs Town home. price 300-350K. I dont need any schools. Now cotten place is out of my list. Now I am looking at Creeks at Weston. Visited the location seems nice. Will you agree?
I don't know much about that neighborhood except that I think it'll be more private and scenic than Cotten Place. Also a bit farther from the train noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary