U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2016, 04:32 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 9,865,234 times
Reputation: 6580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
They just gave Brody Sutter his first NHL callup.
The way guys score in their first NHL appearance this year, they should have at least one of them debut every game.
Hmm I just looked him up. He is the son of the Kings' coach's brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2016, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,636 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Reputation: 30188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Hmm I just looked him up. He is the son of the Kings' coach's brother.
Yep. Big hockey family. We have had the Sutter name here before. Brett and Brandon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2016, 04:36 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 9,865,234 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yep. Big hockey family. We have had the Sutter name here before.
Not really familiar with the others, but I know they are a big hockey family. Darryl is a great coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Status: "It's Hockey time!" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Planet Earth
6,945 posts, read 7,959,479 times
Reputation: 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yep. Big hockey family. We have had the Sutter name here before. Brett and Brandon.
Yeah, Brandon was blossoming into a nice player for us when JR traded him to Pittsburgh. Wouldn't mind him back today as we could use all the offensive help we can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,636 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Reputation: 30188
Re-upped for 2016--2017 today. Some nice new pricing on season tickets.
We considered going from a full plan to a 22 game plan, but the economics favored the full plan significantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 9,865,234 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Re-upped for 2016--2017 today. Some nice new pricing on season tickets.
We considered going from a full plan to a 22 game plan, but the economics favored the full plan significantly.
Cool. Are the prices the same/lower? It would have made sense for me to get season tickets this year. If I stay in Raleigh, I will get season tickets for next season. But that's a decision that hasn't been made yet.

In other news, Versteeg got his first goal as a King tonight. We stormed into Chicago with a 5-0 victory, and Jonathan Quick now stands alone with the most number of shutouts (41) by an American goalie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,636 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Reputation: 30188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Cool. Are the prices the same/lower? It would have made sense for me to get season tickets this year. If I stay in Raleigh, I will get season tickets for next season. But that's a decision that hasn't been made yet.

In other news, Versteeg got his first goal as a King tonight. We stormed into Chicago with a 5-0 victory, and Jonathan Quick now stands alone with the most number of shutouts (41) by an American goalie.
STH price was frozen for a quick renewal.
Some prices are lower. This year, we are in the 8th row down of the top 8 of the lower level in the south end. The seat in front of us was $20 more this year, IIRC. My price would be bumped $4/game for 2016-2017, but that price will be extended 10 more rows down.
$4 increase. $16 cut.
I was only interested in re-upping, and really didn't compare prices in general. We like our seats, so didn't explore moving down or if we would be increased if we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:34 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 9,865,234 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
STH price was frozen for a quick renewal.
Some prices are lower. This year, we are in the 8th row down of the top 8 of the lower level in the south end. The seat in front of us was $20 more this year, IIRC. My price would be bumped $4/game for 2016-2017, but that price will be extended 10 more rows down.
$4 increase. $16 cut.
I was only interested in re-upping, and really didn't compare prices in general. We like our seats, so didn't explore moving down or if we would be increased if we did.
Good seats. I do like to sit pretty close as well. I'll have to look up how much total I've spent on tickets, but I'm sure it's a lot more than if I would have had season tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2016, 07:30 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 9,865,234 times
Reputation: 6580
This whole getting a point by forcing OT thing isn't going to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,636 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Reputation: 30188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
This whole getting a point by forcing OT thing isn't going to work.
Heckuva game until the blown offsides call at the end in OT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top