U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 08:38 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,386 posts, read 9,968,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Heckuva game until the blown offsides call at the end in OT.
Didn't see it, am watching the Kings destroy Dallas. Just saw that they lost in OT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 PM

31,818 posts, read 55,776,550 times
Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals - 03/15/2016

Extremely similar play earlier, and they called offside on Skinner.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals - 03/15/2016

Extremely similar play earlier, and they called offside on Skinner.
Lame. I think the coach's challenge needs some work. There was one game I watched, and you couldn't conclusively tell if it was offsides or not. They took back the goal. Refs made the call by watching the tablet. These kind of things should go to the HQ in Toronto. If you can't conclusively tell that it's offsides, you shouldn't overturn the goal.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Lame. I think the coach's challenge needs some work. There was one game I watched, and you couldn't conclusively tell if it was offsides or not. They took back the goal. Refs made the call by watching the tablet. These kind of things should go to the HQ in Toronto. If you can't conclusively tell that it's offsides, you shouldn't overturn the goal.
If you had watched live, you would have seen it from 2 or 3 angles, and multiple times, and the decision is very difficult to support.
I think they had to decide that the puck was under control even though the stick wasn't on it when the player crossed. That was pretty hard to accept.
Regardless, these kids played their hearts out on the road against a team that wanted to clinch their playoff spot in front of a packed home crowd. It was ragged, and fun to watch.
Brody Sutter walked into the building at 6:25, direct from the airport.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Brody Sutter walked into the building at 6:25, direct from the airport.
Is he any good?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Is he any good?
He dang near won the game. Hammered a shot off the inside of the pipe that could have easily bounced our way.
Had a nice hit or two. The Caps knew he was there.
Is he long-term good? I dunno.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
He dang near won the game. Hammered a shot off the inside of the pipe that could have easily bounced our way.
Had a nice hit or two. The Caps knew he was there.
Is he long-term good? I dunno.
Nice. Hopefully he gets some action at the next home game. Darryl has made me a fan of anyone with the Sutter name.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,996,860 times
I didn't realize we still had a Sutter in our system but I do remember the 'Canes drafting Brody back in 2011, 7th rounder I think. Probably won't be quite like Brandon, kind of like how Jared Staal isn't like his older brothers.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:11 PM

My bad. It wasn't Sutter who was late to the arena. Trevor Carrick was called up to suit up for Ron Hainsey who has the flu.

"Suit on, bag and sticks in hand, Trevor Carrick walked into Verizon Center at 6:25 p.m. He joined his teammates on the ice for warm-ups shortly after and then would make his NHL debut. No time to think or digest; he had to throw on his gear and play."

Old 03-15-2016, 10:28 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,401,657 times
Ron Hainsey is my new favorite player.... which is probably a career killer for him! Seems like when I get attached, they leave. There's no truth to the rumor that my picture is up in the locker room as a possible stalker.

Just curious, I haven't been to PNC since developing mobility issues. We've typically had seats in the upper 300s, but there's no way I could climb those stairs. Has anyone ever needed to get the handicap accessible seats? I have a handicap tag, so I'm assuming parking would be close. I either need the bottom rows of the 300s or the top rows of the 100s. I'm sure it would be easier to go to the box office and talk it over with them. It's a pain, ya know. I really want to support my guys.

The last time we went to a game, Bates & Anthony Battaglia were there signing autographs. They were on Amazing Race at the time. I squatted down between them for a picture. Picture was great, but I couldn't stand up after it! I think that was the moment I knew I was destined for hip surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary