U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-01-2016, 08:45 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood, CA from Arlington, VA
2,770 posts, read 2,515,822 times
Reputation: 1533

Advertisements

The Hurricanes have the longest playoff drought in the NHL. I dont know what you were expecting. Even big market teams like Washington and Chicago could not sell out their games when they sucked.


This is what PNC Arena is like when the Canes are relevant (regular season game nonetheless!). If you still live in Raleigh in a couple years, you will see how loud PNC can get when the great youth the Canes have develops into the best blue line in the NHL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2016, 08:59 PM
 
1,155 posts, read 1,847,362 times
Reputation: 1537
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
The Hurricanes have the longest playoff drought in the NHL. I dont know what you were expecting. Even big market teams like Washington and Chicago could not sell out their games when they sucked.


This is what PNC Arena is like when the Canes are relevant (regular season game nonetheless!). If you still live in Raleigh in a couple years, you will see how loud PNC can get when the great youth the Canes have develops into the best blue line in the NHL.
From what I've been hearing the Canes won't be here in a few years. Very disappointing to me as I'm a season ticket holder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Currently residing in the Big Apple NYC
322 posts, read 392,547 times
Reputation: 327
We were there last night with another couple and their kids from NY (all Ranger fans). While myself and the other dad were online for BEER, a Carolina fan said to him; "why don't you buy some tickets and come down here from time to time to watch some games so that we don't lose our team". I would say that Ranger fans had a 2x1 advantage in the stands last night. Now I know some were transplants, but it was Easter week so I'm sure some did travel down from the NY metro area for the game. Needless to say I agree with a previous poster that the Canes are probably out of here when their lease is up. Thats a shame! This was our second game this season and both times we had a blast. Nice arena, easy to get to, nice fans, and reasonable prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 08:59 AM
 
Location: West Hollywood, CA from Arlington, VA
2,770 posts, read 2,515,822 times
Reputation: 1533
The Canes aren't leaving Raleigh. Just some rumor stupid 15 year olds in Quebec like to start. You won't hear a thing about stupid rumors like this in a couple years too when the Canes are a perennial playoff team and casual fans start to come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Reputation: 30150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
The Canes aren't leaving Raleigh. Just some rumor stupid 15 year olds in Quebec like to start. You won't hear a thing about stupid rumors like this in a couple years too when the Canes are a perennial playoff team and casual fans start to come back.
IWANNABELIEVE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM
 
2,881 posts, read 3,190,998 times
Reputation: 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
The Canes aren't leaving Raleigh. Just some rumor stupid 15 year olds in Quebec like to start. You won't hear a thing about stupid rumors like this in a couple years too when the Canes are a perennial playoff team and casual fans start to come back.
I guaranty that the Canes are exploring relocation.
Moving may not be a foregone conclusion, but they are certainly exploring their options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 11:46 AM
 
Location: West Hollywood, CA from Arlington, VA
2,770 posts, read 2,515,822 times
Reputation: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I guaranty that the Canes are exploring relocation.
Moving may not be a foregone conclusion, but they are certainly exploring their options.
That might be true but at the end of the day, the NHL has final say if anyone can move the canes and that looks very doubtful. The NHL fought tooth and nail to keep a team in Arizona that didn't have half the success the Canes have had -- namely a Stanley Cup.

These rumors are as old as the Canes are. I will believe it when I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Reputation: 30150
If we could just play the Rangers every night, and put 16000+ in the stands....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 12:53 PM
 
468 posts, read 365,039 times
Reputation: 1006
Oh good grief just stop it. The Canes are not going anywhere. Just like Chicago didn't, Pittsburgh didn't, ect. We won't. It is simply not going to happen. Arm chair GM's with blogs in Canada start this crap and it holds absolutely zero water. You put Chicago with 7 years of no playoffs and the EXACT same thing will happen with attendance. Heck it did just ten years ago! The cure for this is to win. It's pretty simple actually. ...and Ron is trying to do just that after the mismanagement before him and a crappy "country club lazy Captain" left us with this mess. It's going to turn around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Reputation: 30150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
Oh good grief just stop it. The Canes are not going anywhere. Just like Chicago didn't, Pittsburgh didn't, ect. We won't. It is simply not going to happen. Arm chair GM's with blogs in Canada start this crap and it holds absolutely zero water. You put Chicago with 7 years of no playoffs and the EXACT same thing will happen with attendance. Heck it did just ten years ago! The cure for this is to win. It's pretty simple actually. ...and Ron is trying to do just that after the mismanagement before him and a crappy "country club lazy Captain" left us with this mess. It's going to turn around.
Yeah. Really.
And, we can go see the Thrashers anyway. Hmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top