U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:19 PM

6 posts, read 6,116 times

Advertisements

Hello All, Ever since we started thinking about relocating to the Triangle, I've been a regular visitor to this forum and learnt immensely! Thanks to all those who contribute!

We're moving to Apex from TN in Jan. Visited most options within 30 min drive from Raleigh and chose Apex. Fell in love with Beckett Crossing neighborhood (decent sized lots, wide roads, sidewalks and trails, 2 min to shopping/dining at Beaver creek mall but still away from the hustle, closer to 540, 64 and 55).

Here's the information I was searching for but could not get. My son (10) is into tracks and fields (100, 200m) and I was trying to get information where he could get track training and be part of a running club in Apex. My search didn't give any leads. Appreciate if you can share any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 04:32 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,477,974 times
Wake County has capping at schools so look at the list before you purchase because some schools might be capped. I would call the school that your son will be enrolled and ask. Cannot imagine they would not be helpful.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Wake County has capping at schools so look at the list before you purchase because some schools might be capped. I would call the school that your son will be enrolled and ask. Cannot imagine they would not be helpful.
Mlhm5, thanks! You'll be surprised that dealing with Wake county school district is the most difficult part of our relocation. The school assignment office could not even name the school my son will be going to! I called up thrice and spoke to 2 different personnel. They said "Baucom is the assigned school but is overcrowded. So, a new school was built this year but that's overcrowded too". Both couldn't say which school he'll go to. One of them said signed 'Offer to purchase contract' is enough for admission but the other one says 'Closing should be completed'. My head is spinning and I hadn't even started

When I asked about tracks and field, I was given a number that's out of service

Old 12-10-2015, 06:30 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,477,974 times
info here
Student Assignment / Enrollment Caps

Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
The link did help to find what documents are accepted, thanks!

I see neither the assigned school nor the new 'overflow' school listed under capped schools. So, I'm not sure why then, the surprise of not telling which school to go to. Will call Wake county assignment office again today. Will enquire about track and field as well.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:52 PM

281 posts, read 208,015 times
I can tell you that we were still living in our corporate apartment in Raleigh, but were under contract on our house in Highcroft when school started in 2014-2015 school year. When I brought the contract and the other paperwork to the school office to register him, they assigned him to a class so he could start school on-time. I think their first reaction was no, but some polite chit-chat, and the face that I was closing in less than two weeks, and they let him register. The answer probably would have stayed no, over email or the phone.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:30 PM

15,723 posts, read 23,949,403 times
We were able to register our kids with our contract for purchase.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:20 AM

That's a great suggestion! Let me visit them in person next week when I visit Raleigh and try my luck!

Old 12-14-2015, 07:49 AM

115 posts, read 90,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadan View Post
You'll be surprised that dealing with Wake county school district is the most difficult part of our relocation.
Those of us with kids in WCPPS are not shocked at all.

The other thing to keep in mind with Apex elementary schools is whether or not you want year round. Baucom is traditional, Salem is year round. Not sure about Apex Elem but I think it's traditional.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:59 AM

10,323 posts, read 18,656,394 times
FYI, this is one of THREE threads asking about Apex all posted within the past few days. Y'all should browse the forum a little more before posting a new thread, maybe

Moving to Apex - need info

Considering a move to the Apex area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary