Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM

119 posts, read 260,339 times

Advertisements

Every time I drive along creedmoor road in Raleigh to get up to 85, it seems like Raleigh is inching closer and closer to creedmoor. It's getting so close that there really is only a 10 minute drive between the outskirts of Raleigh and the outskirts of Creedmoor. But, Creedmoor has not seen the explosive population booms as other towns in the area. Towns such as wake forest, rolesville, knightdals, apex, Cary, morrisville, holly springs, etc have all more than doubled in population between census population readings in the recent past.

So why has the towns of butner and creedmoor not done the same? Is it because they are in a different county? Clayton is in a different county and it is also flourishing, but I guess that is really the only town that is really seeing explosive growth outside of wake county. But with creedmoor and burners close proximity to 85, falls lake, Raleigh, and Durham, I would think it would be a pretty desirable area.

Is there something else stunting its growth? Like are the towns opposed to growth? Do they purposefully want to stay small? Or is there something else that is detracting them away from the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 11:59 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,327,902 times
Opinions on the future of Creedmoor, NC?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:12 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,512,471 times
Creedmoor and Butner are in Granville county and as much as you may not like the schools in Wake County, Granville schools are worse. Also I would much rather sell my house in Wake Co. than Granville.

Most people who live in Creedmoor shop in Raleigh or Durham. 15 miles to Durham and 20 to Crabtree. Not much in either town.

I lived Granville county when I was young, and have extended family with kids who still live in Creedmoor/Butner.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:26 PM

119 posts, read 260,339 times
Hmm... Did not see that thread. I guess it could be a combination of things... With the geographic barrier (falls lake) and being in a different county having the biggest impact it seems. I guess it would make sense for the wake forest/rolesville/knightdale area to boom first and that really only started within the past 10-15 years or so. And if Chatham park takes off like its projected to, then all the growth in this area will be geared towards that area along with continued development in south Durham, west Cary, and west apex.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:10 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,327,902 times
Schools are the biggest issue, imo.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:32 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,512,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk87 View Post
Hmm... Did not see that thread. I guess it could be a combination of things... With the geographic barrier (falls lake) and being in a different county having the biggest impact it seems. I guess it would make sense for the wake forest/rolesville/knightdale area to boom first and that really only started within the past 10-15 years or so. And if Chatham park takes off like its projected to, then all the growth in this area will be geared towards that area along with continued development in south Durham, west Cary, and west apex.
The actual county line is back from the lake on the GC side. Old Weaver Trail is the dividing line and going south on that peninsula is Wake Co. Don't know if GC schools pick up there or Wake.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:15 AM

5 posts, read 4,566 times
Creedmoor is the name of a psychiatric center in Queens (which you might feel is redundant). People might feel superstitious about moving into a place with that name.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:26 AM

398 posts, read 493,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei1 View Post
Creedmoor is the name of a psychiatric center in Queens (which you might feel is redundant). People might feel superstitious about moving into a place with that name.
I'm assuming this is some sort of April Fool's post. No one in NC knows, or cares, about the name of a psych center in Queens.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:44 AM

2,838 posts, read 2,950,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
I'm assuming this is some sort of April Fool's post. No one in NC knows, or cares, about the name of a psych center in Queens.
right be we are south new york now

or is it North South Florida?

Old 02-01-2021, 08:30 AM

768 posts, read 607,783 times
Creedmoor's location is the biggest reason why it hasn't grown akin to Clayton or Wake Forest, etc. Falls Lake seems to serve as a buffer between Triangle suburbia and rural North Carolina, and Creedmoor is on the rural side of the lake. Also, Creedmoor is close to downtown Durham, but it's a little far from RTP. From what I've noticed, areas closer to RTP are booming more than others. I think that's the reason why Pittsboro is growing, for example. Clayton's growth is a little odd, but it's pretty close to downtown Raleigh so maybe that's a reason.

With that being said, Creedmoor has grown over the past few years. There are a handful of new subdivisions popping up throughout southern Granville County. The entire area is gradually turning into a Triangle bedroom community, it's not as sleepy as it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary