Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:07 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
So to the important point of this discussion, when does the clearance sale start??
The clearance sales start January 11th and will last anywhere from 8-12 weeks, depending on how long sale items remain on the shelves.

Macy’s List Of Closing Stores: Nearly 5,000 Layoffs, 36 Macy’s Stores To Close — Clearance Sales Begin January 11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:25 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Honestly that would have made good location for Costco.

Huh?
Costco brings in Customers often because of their gas pump prices.
I sorta suspect Cary would never let Costco bury the huge underground storage tanks for same, so near housing, schools, etc.

(Rumor has it that gas tank permitting process was hold-up for current Apex Costco.)

Old 01-08-2016, 09:36 AM

207 posts, read 433,266 times
I was at the Cary location of Macy's last weekend for the first time in at least 3 years. I used to shop there very often. I was disappointed to say the least. Very low inventory already at least in the ladies department. That store is so small that it has never had the selection of other locations and finding a cashier is difficult.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkc789 View Post
finding a cashier is difficult
Often true at Macy's Crabtree! As these stores continue to cut headcount, floor employees are disappearing.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:27 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Huh?
Costco brings in Customers often because of their gas pump prices.
I sorta suspect Cary would never let Costco bury the huge underground storage tanks for same, so near housing, schools, etc.

(Rumor has it that gas tank permitting process was hold-up for current Apex Costco.)
There is a gas station at the Mall now. The tanks are so much better than they used to be leaking is rarely an issue. It's also funny how the rumor doesn't say if it was an unusual holdup or just the normal time to approve, who caused the delay or if it's even true as the other rumor from way before they started was March 2016 to open. Some people got excited when they got the shell up and assumed it could be done quicker, then the rumor popped up about gas, which put it all the way out at the March 2016 date. So maybe every rumor isn't worth believing.

And maybe it wouldn't be a good place due to the massive gas lines at every Costco. Just spitballing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkc789 View Post
I was at the Cary location of Macy's last weekend for the first time in at least 3 years. I used to shop there very often. I was disappointed to say the least. Very low inventory already at least in the ladies department. That store is so small that it has never had the selection of other locations and finding a cashier is difficult.
Low inventory just before they announced they were closing and that everything would be on sale? You don't say? Funny how that works.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
What is Belks? Is it comparable to Macys in terms of stock and size?

Old 01-08-2016, 04:26 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
What is Belks? Is it comparable to Macys in terms of stock and size?
Somewhat similar. I'd say Belks May be a tad more conservative and carers to a more traditionally southern clientele. I know they say it's new south style but it's staples are still very classic southern preppy and Lilly Pulitzer inspired.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:49 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Somewhat similar. I'd say Belks May be a tad more conservative and carers to a more traditionally southern clientele. I know they say it's new south style but it's staples are still very classic southern preppy and Lilly Pulitzer inspired.
Thanks Cyn. My parents live in Florida and have mentioned it before but I've never been in one of their stores, myself.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Their Crabtree store is the flagship of theater and should have a much larger selection and some additional and higher end brands than the Cary Town store.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
And CTC will be losing Ann Taylor Loft and Express.
(Not that that will directly affect my choice of haberdashers.)

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...rt_st_20160111
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary