Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 12:55 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,464,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You would be referring to North River Village. I have not heard anything new on it lately.
Affirmative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
I've been saying this for years Southwest Durham and North Raleigh are pretty affluent yet time and time again C.A.R.Y gets the development. I just shrug I have no interest in driving out that way when I'm in town. The old Harris Teeter spot in Southpoint looks tailor made for a Trader Joes but it just sits there
Quote:
As of April 22, 2016 , Trader Joe's had 453 stores in the United States with stores being added regularly. Most locations average between 10,000 and 12,000 sq ft (1,100 m2)
Per Hunter & Associates, the former Harris Teeter at 105 W. NC Highway 54 is 47,199 ft². A Trader Joes would only take up a portion of that store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM

19,374 posts, read 27,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
How soon could Publix open a store in Brier Creek?
It's Harris Teeter that's building in Brier Creek, scheduled to open in mid 2017.

AFAIK, no news or gossip of a Publix. (Which is fine with me. Their prices are offensive. But I do like their sandwiches. )

Old 07-23-2016, 11:03 AM

I like Publix subs too. They have really good bread.

I would honestly take Publix over Lowe's and Food Lion but wouldn't really shop there more than HT.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:18 AM

57 posts, read 101,440 times
Would love to see Publix in Brier Creek but not likely since they are planning one at Leesville & Strickland Rd.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:40 PM

307 posts, read 375,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Walmart wouldn't sell it's building to a competitor (that includes Grocery stores) so that's out, but there is a 14 acre Retail opportunity on Barbee and 54 that I would keep my eyes on. Something tells me a grocery store could go there.That store also had theft issues.

The space that HT vacated at Homestead Market is almost exactly the same size as a Publix, and could be expanded to accommodate one. I've wondered about what could possibly go into that space a few times before and came back with multiple possibilities.

There are a few other areas in Durham that I would think are great places for Supermarkets but I'm not disclosing where they are.
I agree that spot at Barbee & 54 is going to be something sooner rather than later. There are two pretty good sized neighborhoods going in on the other side of that intersection. Wouldn't be surprised if that whole intersection gets revamped because the traffic is going to be pretty bad once those neighborhoods are built out I think.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosjester87 View Post
I agree that spot at Barbee & 54 is going to be something sooner rather than later. There are two pretty good sized neighborhoods going in on the other side of that intersection. Wouldn't be surprised if that whole intersection gets revamped because the traffic is going to be pretty bad once those neighborhoods are built out I think.
According to Durham's development page, NC 54 is due for widening.........in 2024. They need to speed it up because the bottleneck on the section between 55 and Fayetteville is really bad. 14 acres looks like a pretty decent size for a large store by itself.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:57 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,571,082 times
Quote:
According to Durham's development page, NC 54 is due for widening.........in 2024. ...
Did you know that North Carolina was once known as The Good Roads State?

Old 07-23-2016, 04:45 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,862,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
It's Harris Teeter that's building in Brier Creek, scheduled to open in mid 2017.

AFAIK, no news or gossip of a Publix. (Which is fine with me. Their prices are offensive. But I do like their sandwiches. )
People kill me with these prices(well people as in folks in this forum), I swear there are a bunch of items cheaper in publix than it is in food lion, only thing that cost more is name brand soda, that's the only thing I can say is higher, but even those are often bogo.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,032,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

I know Harris Teeter is constructing and opening a store in the Brier Creek trade area.

Publix's prices are competitively low. I do not know how that can be offensive.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,032,264 times
Quote:
I like Publix subs too. They have really good bread.

I would honestly take Publix over Lowe's and Food Lion but wouldn't really shop there more than HT.
Publix is an instant upgrade over Lowe's Foods and Food Lion. If in Wake County, my three first options would be Harris Teeter, Kroger, and Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary