U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 AM

2,844 posts, read 3,722,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post

Ice cream?

Current Public ad lists BOGO for full half-gallons of their store brand frozen yogurts or premium ice cream.
Rare to find maple walnut, these days!

That means the on-sale Publix price per ounce (under 3 cents) is less than half of Wal-Mart's cheapest stuff.

Their frozen yogurt taste like ice cream, with much less fat content.
Understood, but my favorite is Turkey Hill. Can't find that cheaper than what FL sells it for.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 11:39 AM

9,137 posts, read 13,687,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Understood, but my favorite is Turkey Hill. Can't find that cheaper than what FL sells it for.
Turkey Hill Natural is on sale for $2.77 at Harris Teeter this week if you are an e-VIC customer. Limit is 4. I just came home from HT, and bought some, which is how I know! It's just the Natural, not the regular Turkey Hill.

Last edited by michgc; 04-22-2017 at 12:24 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 01:42 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,070,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Actually, the pork at Food Lion is excellent - taste AND pricing. And the food lion branded spicy cocktail sauce is fabulous.

Walmart is cheaper than most anywhere else except Amazon. However, in the one near me in Brier Creek, getting through the checkout is so frustrating. Just yesterday, I had about 12 items, so I went to the self checkout. Waited a bit because 2 of the eight units were not operating properly. Got to an open checkout, and everytime I run something over the scanner it records it twice. Then it refuses to recognize the item has been bagged. After flagging down help twice and not finding someone the third time, I gave up. Looked for an express line, which was non existent. Six lines open, all of which had at least 3 cutomers with full baskets. At Costco, kroger or HT, that would be fine - why the checkout people in walmart are so slow mystify me. I returned to self checkout and handed over my basket explaining that I have neither the time or patience to deal with this. To save two bucks is so not worth the aggravation (and I'm a notorious cheapskate). /walmart rant.
Haven't tasted the spicy cocktail sauce at Food Lion. When I said there's no reason to go there other than convenience, there really isn't anything that makes them stand out to me (lack of amenities, prices a little higher than some other places, etc.) It's not the last place I would shop, but it isn't the first either.

With Aldi here and Lidl coming, I think Food Lion's days of being a low price leader are pretty much over.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:29 PM

23,565 posts, read 29,780,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Haven't tasted the spicy cocktail sauce at Food Lion. When I said there's no reason to go there other than convenience, there really isn't anything that makes them stand out to me (lack of amenities, prices a little higher than some other places, etc.) It's not the last place I would shop, but it isn't the first either.

With Aldi here and Lidl coming, I think Food Lion's days of being a low price leader are pretty much over.
It's a done deal already. The Aldis in proximity to Lidls are undergoing remodels. My closest Aldi is being remodeled this month so I went to the next nearest, which has been remodeled. There's about 1/3 more inventory now. Lidl starts opening stores in Virginia, North Carolina, & South Carolina this summer.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:37 PM

2,844 posts, read 3,722,053 times
My father is on a very limited income so I take him to Aldi's to shop (his choice) when I visit. I don't get the Aldi thing at all. Not impressed with the quality of the stuff he buys. Maybe I'm missing something about the place but I don't see me shopping there.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:55 PM

23,565 posts, read 29,780,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
My father is on a very limited income so I take him to Aldi's to shop (his choice) when I visit. I don't get the Aldi thing at all. Not impressed with the quality of the stuff he buys. Maybe I'm missing something about the place but I don't see me shopping there.
A lot of the Aldi products are put up by name brands. It's usually easy to figure out which. Others are put up by the same places that put up store brands for more expensive chains. Again, it's easy enough to figure that out.

I don't think that Aldi & Lidl will effect the Wegmans expansion. They can always put more emphasis on the readymade food.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:42 PM

220 posts, read 145,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Back to Wegman's I hope they eventually come to Charlotte after the Triangle. That would be closer to Upstate SC. And sometimes we go to Charlotte for shopping, concerts, sports or Carowinds. Would be convenient to stop by a Wegman's. Although some of the Harris Teeters there are very nice also.
They're not waiting to open up a Triangle store before searching for sites in Mecklenburg County.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:09 PM

2,012 posts, read 1,741,571 times
Update on the Wegmans area near Cary Towne Center:

Cary development with Wegmans moves forward | News & Observer

Old 04-23-2017, 07:20 PM

3,586 posts, read 4,701,312 times
Aggressive proposal...I like it. This is exactly where density should be.

http://www.columbiadevelopment.com/e...-cary-gateway/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz5Kcb7FtL4

Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,223,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post
They're not waiting to open up a Triangle store before searching for sites in Mecklenburg County.
Well I hope they are also looking at the Charlotte area. But Raleigh is a bit closer to their Richmond stores, and moving further south to Charlotte would stretch their distribution network. But still hoping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary