Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 AM

49 posts, read 140,467 times

Advertisements

Coud anyone tell me how the Del Webb community in Amberly is progressing? We are planning to visit the area for a second time in April. If anyone lives there or knows people who live there, what are the pros and cons?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
You can do a search for many threads on this topic-here are some cliff notes.

Still selling at a very brisk pace with the exception of the "Emerald" (the largest and most $$$) collection. They have just introduced a series of attached villas (2 per building).
The clubhouse is open and really spectacular-it exceeded everyone's expectations.
My mom has lived in phase 1 since May of last year. They are loving the lifestyle. Plenty of friends, things to do, etc.
Pulte has been pretty responsive regarding after-sale service.
As long as you realize that you are paying a premium of about 50% on the home purchase to be in that location with those amenities, you will be happy. The homes are well put together but they are not using top-grade materials.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM

49 posts, read 140,467 times
Smile Del Webb in Amberly

Thank you so much for your feedback. Glad your mom is enjoying the community. Its sounds like the community is progressing nicely. We are most concerned that there is a diversity of ages as we are on the young side of retirement. I guess another visit will give us some idea of whether we will fit in.

Thanks again!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:42 PM

83 posts, read 335,690 times
My parents have been there almost a year now. That clubhouse is VERY impressive! They are enjoying it quite nicely. I wouldn't worry about diversity..my parents are 59 and 60 and they are quite active.

The only thing that is unfortunate in my opinion is that Pulte is building it and they are not the highest quality builder. There have been some issues (pipes freezing has been one) but Pulte seems responsive so far. It's kinda easy though when you have plenty of workers still around. They don't want any negative publicity towards potential buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary