U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 PM

15 posts, read 45,308 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm in Morrisville also, just relocated from LI, and I'm Italian as well. So I understand the Italian need. I went to Capri Flavors on Morrisville Pkwy, EXCELLENT, products aren't even in English, just like being home.
Good Luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 06:02 AM

60 posts, read 263,422 times
I tried the parsley & cheese sausage ring from Divinci's last night, and it was awesome. Comparable to Delfiore's in Patchouge (Some LI'ers may know that place). I would highlyu recommend Divinci's.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 AM

3,124 posts, read 11,364,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg802 View Post
I tried the parsley & cheese sausage ring from Divinci's last night, and it was awesome. Comparable to Delfiore's in Patchouge (Some LI'ers may know that place). I would highlyu recommend Divinci's.
That reminds me...I need to stop by and get one of those this weekend. They are delish!

Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 PM

233 posts, read 767,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Anyone wanting some good Pizza - give Bella Italia a try off Capitol Blvd. I'm an ex Brooklyn boy and think its pretty dam good. So is Gianni's and Gitano in north raleigh...nice restaurant. For the pork store stuff I rely on mom and dad when they come visit. They load me up with the fresh mozzarella and the prosciutto, dry sausages...etc. All from my favorite deli Pastosa's in Bklyn. They actually will ship to you although its a bit pricey it may be worth the treat once and a while. I also get a few loafs of the best italian bread from my favorite bakery. I have some in my freezer now

BUON APPETITO!!
where off Capital is Bella Italia? I like Piccola Italia over at Cameron Village, they have a really good veal parm, excellent bruschetta bread, traditional italian pizza (white & red sauce).

Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM

460 posts, read 2,164,607 times
Default Oh come on now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
Do people forget they have relocated to the South or what?
We people of italian ethnic heritage bring our food wherever we go. So sorry if that is just too much for you. Of course you know pizza and pasta and the like they were in the Triangle for years before this forum. I used to drive up 70 from Snow Hill to go to the Fresh Market for manicotti shells and locatelli cheese in 1991. Wow that was a long time ago. Those foods were in Fresh Market in Cameron Village all the way back then. There are many italians in the South. Just because we relocate and bring a piece of our ethnic culture to the local cuisine does not make us bad people. No one is twisting your arm to eat it.
It is all about variety being the spice of life. Don't be upset have some cannoli.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:32 PM

59 posts, read 242,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
There are many italians in the South. Just because we relocate and bring a piece of our ethnic culture to the local cuisine does not make us bad people. No one is twisting your arm to eat it.
It is all about variety being the spice of life. Don't be upset have some cannoli.
Nearly everything I've seen mentioned is southern Italian cusine. My family is northern Italian. We don't eat much of the traditional Italian-American dishes like chicken parmesian. They seem heavy to us. Any northern Italian cusine in the area?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,202,159 times
Default yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg802 View Post

I have tried DaVinci's in Wake Forest, very good sausage...I used to buy at Lombardi's Market in Holbrook...it was comparable to the quality there...so happy this place exists...

Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,202,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fferlo View Post
this post may be a little behind in the times, but we just opened up an Italian Deli in North Raleigh (near Triangle Town Center).

Check us out - "Ferlo's Alimentari"
Welcome to ALIMENTARI!

thanks for the info...I will have to check your place out...

Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 AM

473 posts, read 1,328,601 times
Thumbs up Looking for a deli

Yes - there's a little place off Capital Blvd if you're heading to the Towne Center. It's in Plantation Square (?). It has pretty authentic Italian stuff - most of which I can't pronounce - but everything is delicious. They guy likes to give you samples of everything too!

Try it!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM

560 posts, read 2,524,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I have tried DaVinci's in Wake Forest, very good sausage...I used to buy at Lombardi's Market in Holbrook...it was comparable to the quality there...so happy this place exists...
We used to live down the road from Lombardi's Market and now go to DaVinci's for our suppresata and provolone!!

Great place everyone must try at least once!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary