Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 12:54 PM

3 posts, read 6,412 times

Advertisements

Well, we did our research and visited SE Raleigh...and I understand the bad rap now. We witnessed a lot of gangs, crumbling homes and businesses, graffiti, filth, psychiatric facilities...N Raleigh is the exact opposite and we are so happy to be moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 04:00 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,717,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_587 View Post
Well, we did our research and visited SE Raleigh...and I understand the bad rap now. We witnessed a lot of gangs, crumbling homes and businesses, graffiti, filth, psychiatric facilities...N Raleigh is the exact opposite and we are so happy to be moving there.
Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in SE Raleigh did you go?

Old 03-13-2016, 05:59 PM

6,817 posts, read 9,025,242 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm naive, but how does one know they are seeing a lot of gangs? Do they come up to the car and identify themselves?

Old 03-13-2016, 06:01 PM

514 posts, read 600,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Maybe I'm naive, but how does one know they are seeing a lot of gangs? Do they come up to the car and identify themselves?
I think the T-Birds did in Grease.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:45 PM

6,817 posts, read 9,025,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwmcknight View Post
I think the T-Birds did in Grease.
Some people see lots of minorities and assume gangs. Poor areas may look run down but it doesn't necessarily mean gangs.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:00 PM

66 posts, read 56,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
For me it's when they stick me in the thigh with a dirty syringe to get my attention as I'm walking in DT durham. If that happens more than twice in a week, I classify it as "a lot" of gangs rather than normal day to day gang activity.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 3,698,075 times
Quote:
Yeah, where exactly did you go? Because psychiatric facilities? That's one thing North Carolina as a state, desperately lacks.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:46 AM

11 posts, read 10,328 times
I have lived in Raleigh all my life. SE Raleigh covers a large area now. So there are pockets of good neighborhoods, North Raleigh is considered a better area overall. I done mortgages in SE Raleigh on some very nice homes but there are not a many of those type homes in SE Raleigh as there is in North Raleigh as that area is more established.
Good luck on finding the home you desire.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,184 times
I live off Sunnybrook Road in SE Raleigh, and yes there is a lot of crime, gangs, etc. but that doesn't matter at all to me! Why should we care? I don't get why people worry about crime in the areas...just have an alarm if you want! I like SE Raleigh because we are a few miles to downtown, and there are lots of local restaurants/shops.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 4,160 times
Quote:
You made the right choice! N. Raleigh is the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary