Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I was going to mention this one. I lived there for a year and a half, and pretty much liked it. It's a little older, which for me was a perk. It's exactly two miles to the back side of Umstead Park and the backside of Lake Crabtree Park, 100% via greenway. Very good location too. It took me 14 minutes to get to my work in the center of RTP, and only about 20 into DT Raleigh (obviously with no traffice in both cases).

Different strokes for different folks, but I enjoyed this place.

If you get a back unit, you'll likely be facing the woods. Only caution (applies to anywhere) is if you are in a secluded unit, consider NOT being on the ground floor. Stuff can get missing from your deck if it is secluded and easy to access.
My husband lived there when we were dating. I loved it over there. He had a unit facing the woods (2nd floor) and I agree re: not taking a ground-floor unit. There are critters out there! We used to watch the funniest stuff. Once, a neighbor's cat tried to take on a DEER. I mean, a buck. Antlers. House cats are brave.

LOL.

It is very close to Umstead and should suit the OP nicely.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:30 AM

288 posts, read 414,030 times
Can someone explain to me exactly what the greenway is?
Since Umstead is on the other side of i40 I don't see how you can get there via the greenway.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 12:09 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnb View Post
Can someone explain to me exactly what the greenway is?
Since Umstead is on the other side of i40 I don't see how you can get there via the greenway.

Thanks!
Black Creek Greenway (paved path, off limits to cars), it goes over Old Reedy Creek Road, which dead-ends into Umstead (and keeps going). So where you cross I-40 is open to cars, but only people using it are the two residents back there, and people going to use the parks (runners, bikers, etc.).

If you look at a map, it is the bridge between exits 285 and 287 (Some call the area "286").

Not sure if this link will work:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8404...m1!1e3!5m1!1e3

If not, just zoomin over Lake Crabtree and I-40, and click on the bike routes options...

Last edited by Myghost; 02-11-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-12-2016, 03:48 PM

149 posts, read 149,403 times
Remington Place Apts in Raleigh. It's right on Lake Johnson. You can walk to the lake in 5 minutes and do the entire loop around, and continue on the greenway if you wish. It has a woodsy secluded feel.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:52 PM

149 posts, read 149,403 times
Brampton Moors is overrated. My friend lives there and I often visit her. They advertise themselves as being on a "lake" but really it's just a pond. There are houses surrounding the complex so it doesn't feel secluded.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:21 PM

288 posts, read 414,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginty74 View Post
Brampton Moors is overrated. My friend lives there and I often visit her. They advertise themselves as being on a "lake" but really it's just a pond. There are houses surrounding the complex so it doesn't feel secluded.
Ya, I visited it the other day and I just didn't get a great vibe.

I visited Hermitage at Beachtree in Cary and I liked it.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:46 PM

121 posts, read 159,795 times
Try WildWoods apartment. Staff is very nice and fast in taking care of any problem, in secluded area with woods, backing Lake Johnson, and have trail to go to Lake Johnson park.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:43 PM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
I've lived at Hermitage at Beechtree for 3 years now. I am typing this post from my apartment here! I have a woods-facing 3rd level and am very happy here. The greenway is just steps away. Short drive to all I need. Older complex but a great pool, management is quite responsive. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary