Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

I will have a few Saudi Customers visiting on business for a couple weeks in Mid-March. I thought it would be a nice gesture to give them a list of restaurants they could eat at. I checked with them, and the requirement is anything Kosher or Halal. (I will be taking them out several times as well, same restrictions apply.)

I think there is a Kabob place in Briar Creek that will fit the bill. I assume Baba Ganouj on 54/55 is viable. I know of a few grocers, and then Mid Eastern Market back off of Sedwick. Can you all help me compile a list of places that meet the requirements. I'll focus on Briar Creek and a 5-mile radius of that, but also will throw in a few suggestions from DT Durham, and maybe from Raleigh. I probably need a few "nicer" places than mentioned above.

If you can provide the business name, and general location, I can do the google search and create the list. (If you have more info, it's welcome, but I'm happy to do the research if I have some pointers.)

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 08:41 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Here's a link to a lists of restaurants that are at least partially Halal. I was surprised at some of these!

Greek Fiesta at Brier Creek in Raleigh, NC - zabihah.com: your guide to halal eating

http://worldreliefdurham.org/halal-meat-storesJerusalem Bakery and Grocery claims to be totally Halal. Taiba Meat Market is in Durham - they might have some suggestions for restaurants.

I don't think there is a fully kosher restaurant in the Triangle. There are kosher certified caterers.

Your best bet might be to download one of the many apps on your smartphone!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:45 AM

9,778 posts, read 15,788,843 times
There are no kosher restaurants in the Triangle. I would assume a vegetarian restaurant would probably work for your Saudi guests, at least for one meal. I have a good friend who is Saudi; I will ask her.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:01 AM

Just remembered that at one time! The Hummus Cafe claimed to be 100% halal at both their locatiins (chapel hill and Morrisville). Double check with them directly.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times
I think The Halal Guys from NYC need to come open up a food stand in Raleigh

Old 02-11-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
We already have a couple of Halal food trucks, but I don't think either of them is particularly active or successful.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:35 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
If only! I used to go to a conference every year at that Hilton in NYC and I lived off of The Halal Guys offerings.

A few other options (some a little further away but well worth it, IMO)

La Shish in Cary

Shish Kabob on Leesville Rd

Flame Kabob on the other side of Brier Creek

Sitti in downtown Raleigh

Old 02-13-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
If only! I used to go to a conference every year at that Hilton in NYC and I lived off of The Halal Guys offerings.

A few other options (some a little further away but well worth it, IMO)

La Shish in Cary

Shish Kabob on Leesville Rd

Flame Kabob on the other side of Brier Creek

Sitti in downtown Raleigh
I'd double check that ALL of the meats at those restaurants are Halal. I don't think that the Flame Kabob in Brier Creek is 100% Halal (don't confuse it with the restaurant on the same name in Las Vegas). I like the food there (except the chicken, which they regularly overcook) and the people are very nice, but it's super casual. It wouldn't be my choice for a place to bring business associates to impress them.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,612 times
Most or all Indian restaurants are Halal for Lamb/Goat meat dishes.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:24 PM

66 posts, read 56,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonresidentalien View Post
Most or all Indian restaurants are Halal for Lamb/Goat meat dishes.
Curious why a culture that's predominantly hindu go out of their way to confirming to islamic religious rules? I know in India the muslim population is maybe 15% or so, but the representation in the US is much lower. Hard to imagine restaurant owners going much out of their way to appeal to such a small fraction of their customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary