Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 09:16 AM

514 posts, read 602,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyoo View Post
Nothing that perfectly suits our needs so far. We haven't looked as much in Fuquay as much as we have been looking in Garner/Clayton...most of the neighborhoods in Clayton are pretty cookie cutter with no trees, close together, etc (at least the new neighbhorhoods).
There are not many with lots that large but you can find them. There are resales on acre lots around 250k in Clayton as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 AM

147 posts, read 541,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwmcknight View Post
Permits will differ depending on city vs. county and which one. They don't seem to be that bad in Johnston County but I won't speak for the other areas as I have not had the personal experience with them.
My guess is Johnston County is where we will end up. It's seems ideal to me at least. I really like the Archer Lodge area but there is not much around there which kind of bothers her. Plus the newer houses seem pretty pricey for what you get for being so far out of the way. I would definitely love to build out there though if the price was right.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:18 AM

147 posts, read 541,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwmcknight View Post
There are not many with lots that large but you can find them. There are resales on acre lots around 250k in Clayton as well.
Anyway you could point me in the right direction? Would love to see more. We were pretty disappointed/discouraged a couple of weekends ago when we went to look.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 AM

547 posts, read 774,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyoo View Post
Anyway you could point me in the right direction? Would love to see more. We were pretty disappointed/discouraged a couple of weekends ago when we went to look.
I would recommend getting a realtor, give them your budget and needs/wants.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:39 AM

514 posts, read 602,171 times
In the past week, I have seen multiple in the Riverwood Middle district.

pjnugget is correct in that a realtor would assist you by finding matches and even setting you up on automatic searches.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Did I miss where you were already prequalified to buy, even though you own a home in TX?

Old 02-15-2016, 03:47 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,534,727 times
Buy a fix me up because you can negotiate the price and walk away if you don't get it for the price you want. You cannot do that if you build. FYI, you can get an excellent kitchen for $10K and bathrooms for $7K. The rest is HVAC if needed, paint, some molding, maybe a wall removal, refinishing floors (add carpet or engineered wood floors) and maybe a roof.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:50 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
you are better off either rehabbing a house and try to sell for a profit or renting.
I would say this but also because of OPs comment about being able to get "extreme discounts" on granite and flooring. You can get a new house in that price range, but it will likely be in a tract neighborhood on a small lot with no/few trees and maybe not with the upgrades your wife probably wants - it will be tough to buy your own lot and build in that price range I think. There will likely be a lot more options for resale that at least fit the general criteria you mentioned but just need some updating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary