Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:26 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking to get a recent pros and cons list from residents of Fuquay Varina. We are up in NW Raleigh. We are checking out the surrounding areas.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 06:09 AM

273 posts, read 562,645 times
I have lived in Fuquay for almost a year. Before that i have lived in Raleigh near the PNC arena, South Raleigh near the 40/42 area and in Cary off High House road amongst other places around the Lake Boone area. I personally love the Fuquay area. The neighborhood we live in has been awesome. The pros for me are two separate downtown's that are really cool. I personally like them better than the other towns downtowns. We have local brew pubs, good grocery store options, a Home Depot and Tractor Supply and when i need a shopping fix i head up to Crossroads or HS which has Marshalls and Pier1. I can also leave my house and be in a nice country setting in less than five minutes. To go to any store, doctor is 5-10 m ins max.

A couple of cons be that we are a little further out and traffic is picking up. I work in RTP and it takes about 45mins. I usually go 540 or if i head in later in the morning i will take the scenic route up Lake Wheerler. The nearest Emergency Room is in Apex or Raleigh. Another con would be not a huge variety of shopping/restaurants. We have some good local ones but nothing compared to Cary/Raleigh area. Feel free to ask my any other questions.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbny2076 View Post
I have lived in Fuquay for almost a year. Before that i have lived in Raleigh near the PNC arena, South Raleigh near the 40/42 area and in Cary off High House road amongst other places around the Lake Boone area. I personally love the Fuquay area. The neighborhood we live in has been awesome. The pros for me are two separate downtown's that are really cool. I personally like them better than the other towns downtowns. We have local brew pubs, good grocery store options, a Home Depot and Tractor Supply and when i need a shopping fix i head up to Crossroads or HS which has Marshalls and Pier1. I can also leave my house and be in a nice country setting in less than five minutes. To go to any store, doctor is 5-10 m ins max.

A couple of cons be that we are a little further out and traffic is picking up. I work in RTP and it takes about 45mins. I usually go 540 or if i head in later in the morning i will take the scenic route up Lake Wheerler. The nearest Emergency Room is in Apex or Raleigh. Another con would be not a huge variety of shopping/restaurants. We have some good local ones but nothing compared to Cary/Raleigh area. Feel free to ask my any other questions.
Thank you! If I think of more questions, I will contact you. You covered most of them. I appreciate your time.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:54 AM

I am finding a lot of rentals in Holly Springs too. Hmmmm I just dont want to end up being too far away from things like a town center like we are here.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:21 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Don't your kids go to Ravenscroft or am I thinking of someone else?

Old 02-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Must be someone else. My son goes to public school.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You're thinking of angelkitten.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:06 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're thinking of angelkitten.
Yup that's it.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 AM

147 posts, read 541,811 times
I have lived in Fuquay-Varina since June of last year. I moved here from Texas. I enjoy living here. There is virtually no traffic (from a Texan's point of view I guess), the neighborhoods are mainly cookie cutter as there has been a lot of growth here in the past few years. I have 7 grocery stores within 8 minutes of my house which is pretty amazing. I live off of 55 north of Fuquay (almost to Holly Springs)...

I have a thai place that I love, there is a great sushi place in Cary that I go to. I shop at Harris Teeter which is open 24 hours a day (the one in Holly Springs). There is a ton of business going in off of 55. Downtown Fuquay is pretty awesome (at least the Aviator side)...hmm trying to think of anything else...My girlfriend works in Garner and it takes her about 30 minutes to get to work in the mornings...it's about 25 minutes to south Raleigh depending on how you get there (and there are a ton of ways to get there. You have 55 to 1, 401, Lake Wheeler rd, etc ,etc.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyoo View Post
I have lived in Fuquay-Varina since June of last year. I moved here from Texas. I enjoy living here. There is virtually no traffic (from a Texan's point of view I guess), the neighborhoods are mainly cookie cutter as there has been a lot of growth here in the past few years. I have 7 grocery stores within 8 minutes of my house which is pretty amazing. I live off of 55 north of Fuquay (almost to Holly Springs)...

I have a thai place that I love, there is a great sushi place in Cary that I go to. I shop at Harris Teeter which is open 24 hours a day (the one in Holly Springs). There is a ton of business going in off of 55. Downtown Fuquay is pretty awesome (at least the Aviator side)...hmm trying to think of anything else...My girlfriend works in Garner and it takes her about 30 minutes to get to work in the mornings...it's about 25 minutes to south Raleigh depending on how you get there (and there are a ton of ways to get there. You have 55 to 1, 401, Lake Wheeler rd, etc ,etc.
Thank you. We are going to view a rental off of Lake Wheeler Rd. I havent spent much time in that area so will go investigate tomorrow.
Sounds like you are adapting quite well here. Thanks for your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary