Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:12 AM

714 posts, read 721,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Just as bad at night, hackwriter? That's too bad, especially when it's cold, but at least it wasn't snowing or sleeting last night if you had to walk.
Yup -- just as bad at night. As a matter of fact, I left Zinburger around 11 as they were closing up, and as I drove away, the parking lot was still packed. I know there are a lot of eateries around there but even taking that into account, it was a LOT of cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:04 AM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
I imagine the extremely cold weather played into the crowds at the indoor malls this weekend. Saturday was just an awful day with extreme cold and biting winds. Sunday was a bit better but still too cold for many people to hang out outside. I'm sure many people figured it was a good day to go to an indoor mall.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM

147 posts, read 541,747 times
Yea I was going to say, I drove past both yesterday and went out to the Outlet Mall in Mebane...all of them were crazy yesterday as well. Crabtree was crazy Saturday. I just drove past the exit and it was backed up 3/4 of a mile.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:59 AM

6,377 posts, read 5,492,276 times
Went on a hike at Umstead Park on Saturday. Plenty of parking, plenty of room on the trails for me to be able to put my headphones in and hike at my faster-than-most pace without having to get out of the way for runners or awkwardly pass slower folks....total cost $0....except for lunch at Zaxby's and I guess the gas to get there.

Indeed I drove past both southpoint exits on my way there and saw them both backed up a good half mile. No thanks!

Old 02-16-2016, 07:10 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,091 times
Dang. You guys take Valentine's Day pretty seriously around here.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:55 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,184 times
It would nice if SoS had a free flowing entrance and exit from I-40. As much as I abhor Crossroads, they at least got that partially right (partially because you can only take advantage in certain directions).

One thing Durham and SoS did in December, that they should consider making permanent, is having the exit onto Renaissance near the Sears' Auto be free flowing. They'd need to reconfigure things a bit and have Renaissance become a turn lane and have a permanent barrier from going straight through.

One more point about SoS...the exit at Fayetteville is horribly designed with the way people come flying up and having right away. If you are heading North and have the stop sign, but need to get over to the left lane to turn, good luck with that.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
One thing Durham and SoS did in December, that they should consider making permanent, is having the exit onto Renaissance near the Sears' Auto be free flowing. They'd need to reconfigure things a bit and have Renaissance become a turn lane and have a permanent barrier from going straight through.
They have been doing that for at least 3 years now, if not more, with setting up the cones so people can just make that right at the Sears Auto Center onto Renaissance Parkway. They should just reroute that mall road around the west side of the auto center (except the retention pond is in the way) and come out in line with Country Lane and put a light there.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:30 PM

6,377 posts, read 5,492,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
It would nice if SoS had a free flowing entrance and exit from I-40. As much as I abhor Crossroads, they at least got that partially right (partially because you can only take advantage in certain directions).

One more point about SoS...the exit at Fayetteville is horribly designed with the way people come flying up and having right away. If you are heading North and have the stop sign, but need to get over to the left lane to turn, good luck with that.
Couldn't agree more. That exit/intersection is a complete cluster****....I always take the 751 exit (274) over the Fayetteville Rd exit for that reason; even if I am coming from the east and even if I am going to the mall itself (which is much right off the Fayetteville Rd exit but a good 3/4 mile down Renaissance off 751 exit.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:56 AM

72 posts, read 288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I just walk in from the att because I have a high iq. Park at Sears and walk over the bridge and you can be smart too
So to get to the mall you park at Sears and walk over the ATT bridge cuz you have a high IQ?

I don't claim to have a high IQ, but having trouble understanding what Sears you park at, the one at the mall?

Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherBlue View Post
So to get to the mall you park at Sears and walk over the ATT bridge cuz you have a high IQ?

I don't claim to have a high IQ, but having trouble understanding what Sears you park at, the one at the mall?
This has been addressed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary