Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:25 PM

184 posts, read 311,070 times

Advertisements

Besides the weather I think another major factor was it was Presidents Day weekend and Im sure just about every retailer had some sort of big sale going on to bring in the people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 05:42 PM

256 posts, read 266,279 times
yup, all of the kids here in NY are off from school this week, and it was president's day weekend - tons of sales at the stores.

do you guys get alot of grid lock issues?

we are going on our scouting trip to Raleigh next weekend, can't wait!

where is southpoint mall? was going to check out crabtree bc i Know about it - just want to see what the malls are like there as compared to NY - the crowds, the friendliness of the cashiers, etc.....

Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM

184 posts, read 311,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
yup, all of the kids here in NY are off from school this week, and it was president's day weekend - tons of sales at the stores.

do you guys get alot of grid lock issues?

we are going on our scouting trip to Raleigh next weekend, can't wait!

where is southpoint mall? was going to check out crabtree bc i Know about it - just want to see what the malls are like there as compared to NY - the crowds, the friendliness of the cashiers, etc.....
Southpoint is a new style of malls. It has an inside concept like a regular mall but with neat design inside. It also has some outdoors restaurants and shops which is connected to the mall part. Outdoor concerts there, outdoor seating at restaurants, etc

Crabtree Valley in Raleigh is the standard mall like say Bridgewater commons mall in central Jersey. Im not sure where in NY you are from, so Im trying to think of a mall out that way. Crabtree is an upscale mall in a sense but it is very nice. that os off Glenwood ave off I 440

Southpoint is right off I 40 in Durham on Fayetteville Rd. You cant miss it. It is a sprawling place with all the restaurants you can think of.

Hope you enjoy it. We are about to put our house on the market soon and move down there ourselves from Virginia

Old 02-19-2016, 07:42 PM

88 posts, read 189,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Went to drop off someone at Southpoint Mall yesterday in the later part of the afternoon. I have never seen anything like this before. I dropped the person off, tried to get back to Fayetteville St. from the interior road behind Barnes & Noble, and it was gridlock. Turned around, tried to access the same road from behind Sears. Same thing. Made my way back to the opposite side, and finally got out to Fayetteville St. from there (Renaissance Parkway, I think). Traffic was heavy there too but I finally got out. I live exactly 5 minutes from the mall and it took me 35 minutes to get home!

What was going on there yesterday? Was this typical pre-Valentine's Day traffic? I don't know because I have never had to go to the mall on this particular day in the 14 years I've lived here. Just wondering.
I was there, you would have thought it was Black Friday. Here is the problem with Southpointe (I was thinking about it while taking 25 minutes just to leave the property). It is locked to pretty much a "one side exit". You can only exit out to Renaissance Pkwy. That's it. It would be great to have some direct entrances to 40 East from the mall to help ease the congestion.

I can say this, never again on a Saturday unless I'm there at 9am.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:15 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachianwx71 View Post
Southpoint is a new style of malls. It has an inside concept like a regular mall but with neat design inside. It also has some outdoors restaurants and shops which is connected to the mall part. Outdoor concerts there, outdoor seating at restaurants, etc

Crabtree Valley in Raleigh is the standard mall like say Bridgewater commons mall in central Jersey. Im not sure where in NY you are from, so Im trying to think of a mall out that way. Crabtree is an upscale mall in a sense but it is very nice. that os off Glenwood ave off I 440

Southpoint is right off I 40 in Durham on Fayetteville Rd. You cant miss it. It is a sprawling place with all the restaurants you can think of.

Hope you enjoy it. We are about to put our house on the market soon and move down there ourselves from Virginia
Crabtree had a major interior renovation maybe 20 years ago. I was just thinking when I was there a few weeks ago that it is starting to look dated. I wouldn't be shocked to see them do something in the next few years. They have also added some outside spaces where they can, but it was designed in the 70s so that wasn't planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary