Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times

Advertisements

Who has it and what are your thoughts? Is the dvr fast and work good? I am moving and ATT is putting in fiber internet in about a month. I am thinking of starting off with their regular internet and doing fiber when available. ATT prices are cheaper than I currently pay with Time Warner internet and Dish TV. Dish hopper DVR is great and I hate to go to something worse. For those that have ATT TV service I would love to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 09:49 AM

Cancel that. I stuck with TW and Dish for the new house. I might upgrade to Gigapower at some point unless Google Fiber comes in the next year.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:29 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Well, in case anyone else is wondering I'll give my $.02. I had AT&T for three years, and would have stuck with them except that their regular non-promo prices were just too high. Their TV was great, and I liked the interface & functionality of the DVR. I got a 2nd cable box for my kitchen which could play live TV or programs recorded on the main DVR. The very few times I needed service the repairman arrived promptly and was very professional.

I switched to TWC (the evil empire) back in November. So far it's been fine - I miss the 2nd box in my kitchen, but use a Roku for live TWC/on demand programming. I have crazy 225/25 internet that I really have no need for (doesn't cost extra). The TWC app is nice for watching programming on a tablet. I had horrendous customer services issues in the past with TWC, but so far (fingers crossed) everything is going fine.

I wouldn't hesitate going back to AT&T if they would just do something about their non-promo prices (or offer better retention pricing).

Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM

230 posts, read 255,443 times
I had uverse tv for two years. The first year, it was great. The price couldn't be beat, they sent promo codes throughout the year and random gift cards. As it was getting closer to the end of my contract, I spoke with an agent that gave me an incredible rate for another year of tv and internet. Of course I renewed. When my first bill came for the first month of the new contract, it was more than double the rate that I was quoted. I had to call customer service several times and got passed around from one person to the next. I was finally credited for the difference for the entire year but I did not renew tv after that contract ended. I still have uverse Internet and I use a fire stick with netflix and kodi for tv shows/movies.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:01 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,721,431 times
I had it for the year before we moved to NC and had to cancel it (wasn't available here).

I think the best thing about it to me was the wireless boxes that we could put anywhere. That, and the smartphone app was a lot better than TWC's.

That said, I experienced more TV outages with Uverse (on average) than I did with DirecTV, and that's saying something. I don't know if that's improved, but... still.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:03 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
FYI ATT caps their Internet data, TWC doesn't. I avoided ATT for this reason. Also as a previous cell phone customer of theirs, I had multiple reoccurring billing issues like the above poster dating back to 2002. Never again, ATT!

Old 02-15-2016, 01:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
FYI ATT caps their Internet data, TWC doesn't. I avoided ATT for this reason.
AT&T has yet to enforce a U-Verse data cap - they may in the future, but for now it's a non-issue. Legacy DSL users may or may not have a cap that is enforced.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 PM

Time Warner is giving me 300/20 at the new house for the price I'm paying now for 50/5. I also bought a modem so my bill is going down $9 a month. I'm out of contract with Dish and really don't want to have to sign with anyone new. Their new hopper looks sweet though, but not enough to sign another two years for.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 PM

571 posts, read 1,302,809 times
Agree with the above comments that the non-promo prices are way too high. I just tried to downgrade after my promotion expired. We just don't need the TV. However, a bundled package with just local channels is still cheaper than internet alone. What I don't understand is why HD service is $10 extra per month, when I can already get HD over the air for free. So, I am just going to watch my local channels over the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary