Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,533,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
We were going to go there this weekend, until the weather forecast changed to frigid. So we'll go next weekend.

Are there places to eat around there?
In town, which is very close to the park, there is a Subway, Hardees, McDonalds, two bbq/fish restaurants, I think, an Italian restaurant that is highly recommended, and a Chinese restaurant. I may have missed one or two. They are all on Main Street. Their website lists the dining options.

There is a picnic area inside the park, so I assume you could bring something in.

Don't miss the parakeets!

They schedule little teaching talks on the property. Be sure to attend it - it's sure to include an interesting bird.

We signed up for a guided tour, which, I think, made it even more fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 09:27 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,722,604 times
Since I only live an hour from Hamlet, I go there a lot. I'll stay there for a while
then either follow the main line to Greenwood, SC and beyond or go in the other
direction to Dillon, SC to the A Line and either go north or south. Just depends,
but it always makes for a fun day trip!

Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Lol what. That's insane. And one day in NYC isn't enough anyway.
On paper sounds doable but I would be too worried that the driver would fall asleep at the wheel, that kind of long drive takes a lot out of anyone.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,162 times
Just came back from one:

DT Wilmington

Got lunch at front street brewery which is always on point cause you can get a good meal for a good deal

Then hit both Fort Fisher andCarolina Beach
https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram...07450624_n.mp4

I also Hit both Charlotte and Greensboro up regularly since I have fam and friends there.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:34 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,417 times
The wife and I drove out to Nags Head on MLK Day. First time I'd been out there in too many years. Beautiful place. I really didn't want to come back.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:23 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,176 times
I love raven rock state park which is great for a day trip or a weekend camping trip. We also like wrightsville but not in the summer - too crowded. New bern and pinehurst make good day trips as well. For closer day trips we go to Jordan lake or falls lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary