Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 AM

376 posts, read 1,060,269 times

Advertisements

I also looked into leasing a spot early on, but my jaw dropped at the rent they are charging.... They are very behind schedule in filling the stores. I really hope the center can attract some quality businesses. I know they had a North Hills concept. I am glad this old eyesore was fixed up. It looks nice now... Just too empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,138,634 times
Maybe if someone literally laughed at them when they quoted a lease price they'd get the hint they're charging too much

Old 06-04-2017, 01:49 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,514,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I agree with the poster who said the "shape" of waverly place is a downfall. It can't accomodate a large box-store, etc.
FWIW, there is room for a big box -- Waverly Place was originally designed for a two-story department store, facing "the promenade" between the Italian and Mexican restaurants. That site's now just a parking lot, but would make an interesting site for a tall office building or full-service hotel.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:42 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,589 times
Lingering problem:
outsiders that drive by the place have NO CLUE what businesses are there, thanks to Cary's sign restrictions.
Yet, they still sign up tenants: Search Results for “waverly” – CaryCitizen

I meet folks at KBA concerts that have no what is at that corner!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:14 AM

9,141 posts, read 14,717,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Lingering problem:
outsiders that drive by the place have NO CLUE what businesses are there, thanks to Cary's sign restrictions.

Given the layout of that center, what kind of sign would make it clear what tenants are where? Maybe a 50 foot obelisk with 40 small names on it followed by different signs throughout with 10 names each and arrows. And please show me some signs in Raleigh and Durham or other places in the triangle with a sign that would work for this? Even when these types of signs are allowed, usually the top few tenants are on them and that's it. The random single bay sandwich shop can't get on.

This whole Cary sign ordinance whine is lazy and just plain wrong whenever it's applied and especially the case here where the center has multiple levels and in most places is set well lower and behind outbuildings from a busy intersection that angles most cars on a way they are not looking at it. If each space had a balloon floating directly overhead, it still would be hard to tell where things are.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:34 AM

16,390 posts, read 12,409,088 times
Quote:
Lingering problem:

And yet, Waverly seems to stay solidly busy despite this "lingering problem."

Doesn't seem like it's been that much of a problem.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:40 AM

135 posts, read 597,577 times
Personally I find the lack of garish signs refreshing, though it would have made things more difficult before GPS.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:44 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,085,502 times
Quote:
Lingering problem:

People have smartphones now and many people actually use them to figure out what's around them.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:54 AM

16,390 posts, read 12,409,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
People have smartphones now and many people actually use them to figure out what's around them.
Yep. They don't really need to rely on 'drive-by' traffic anymore.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:02 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Hah! There's a demographic that still uses flip-phones, have their houses paid for, travel a lot, and have loads of disposable income and have no clue what is at that corner besides some over-priced groceries.

They (friends) were shocked to see what all was there during one of the free Wednesday night concerts in the summer.

It's still an architectural mess.

Park West got it right for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary