Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:01 PM

67 posts, read 331,396 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of going with alltell wireless. Since I moved here from New Jersey, my signal stength has gone down with At&t/Cingular. My calls are dropping very often and most call don't come in. I would just like to know if anyone is familiar with alltel and if their service is good.

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM

116 posts, read 471,966 times
We have Altell from living in Albuq. but have to switch it as soon as possible. Doesnt work at all in the house, in Clayton. Also doesnt work in Walmart and other places in town. Might be fine in Raleigh though, I dont know

Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,706 times
I have been w/ Alltel for 2 years now and have been very pleased. I almost never drop calls, and it works in even some of the most remote parts of the state. Rates are quite competitive, too.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:58 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,732 times
We have phones with Alltel and Verizon. Verizon's signal is much stronger in Northeast Raleigh/Wake Forest area. Alltel is in constant roam.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 PM

55 posts, read 175,633 times
I have a personal cell phone with Alltel. I've been a customer of their's for 5 years.

I also have a work cell phone with Cingular/ATT. They're alright. If I don't have a signal with Alltel, I don't have a signal with ATT. If I don't have a signal with ATT, I don't have a signal with Alltel.

My $.02

Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
10 years with AllTel. No issues.

I use >2000 minutes a month, and don't think of changing.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 AM

22 posts, read 94,947 times
Alltel works very well in Granville County where I reside. I have also found that they have great service while traveling the back roads of eastern NC where most of my family lives. In the cities, they are usually using another carrier’s signal so the service is still strong. I usually have a 3 – 4 bar signal in Durham and RTP.

Alltel has its occasional dead spots just like any other cell phone service but I have been a happy customer the past 3 years. My Circle helps with running over your minutes.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 AM

67 posts, read 331,396 times
Thanks a lot guys. I am still trying to make up my mind. I heard that their customer service sucks. Well most companies have bad customer service. Especially the cable companies. But I will keep reading to see what others have to say about alltel service especially in Raleigh.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 AM

324 posts, read 1,285,658 times
I have had alltel for about 4 years now. Its great and often works where friends cell phones don't work. Sometimes I have problems as I get into deeper department stores and other times it completely surprises me on how strong the signal is. I've never had a problem in peoples houses, even though they themselves have problems with their carriers. Overall we are very happy with the service. I don't roam until I get pretty far from the city and even then the signal is fine. We have a national plan so don't pay extra when its roaming.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
Everyone in my family has Alltel on a national plan. We feel like they have good statewide coverage, especially at the coast. When I moved back to NC I had the portion of AT&T that was sold to Suncom, and I couldn't even get a signal in my house.

I'm not sure how Alltel customer service is on the phone, but I've always found them helpful when you walk into a store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary