Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 2,022 times

Advertisements

Well I have been following posts similar to these about where to build a house. Long story short, have been looking at homes for the last 3 months - resales , build etc. Like another poster, we are looking at houses with either basements or finished attics with 3 car garages. After looking at so many houses and new builds and going back n forth , making two offers on resales but not materializing, driving our realtor mad , our choices have narrowed down to
- Custom Built home in Bellewood or
- NV Homes in New Hill/Apex

We decided on new construction because we want to make the house our own, we are tired of renovating - did that in the last two houses - and this time around want a new build and for various reasons. We did consider Bella Casa but the price/sq ft and other things considered, it made sense to go to Bellewood for that price

So the difference between the two homes is roughly $45K with the custom home more expensive and smaller compared to NV Home house . Here are the major points
Bellewood vs NV Homes
0.27 acres backs to GHS road 0.36 backs to trees
5200 sqft incl. attic 5800 sqft incl. rec room in basement 1200sq ft
200 sqft unfinished attic 1000 sq ft unfinished basement
3 car garage 3 car garage
$800K + just under $800K
both house have almost identical layout 5 bed 5 bath in floor 1 and 2.

Considering the location, do you think at that price New Hill/Apex is worth even considering? I always go back to Rule#1 in RE... location and for that I think Bellewood Manor wins. Would appreciate your thoughts.

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZionsIndy View Post
Well I have been following posts similar to these about where to build a house. Long story short, have been looking at homes for the last 3 months - resales , build etc. Like another poster, we are looking at houses with either basements or finished attics with 3 car garages. After looking at so many houses and new builds and going back n forth , making two offers on resales but not materializing, driving our realtor mad , our choices have narrowed down to
- Custom Built home in Bellewood or
- NV Homes in New Hill/Apex

We decided on new construction because we want to make the house our own, we are tired of renovating - did that in the last two houses - and this time around want a new build and for various reasons. We did consider Bella Casa but the price/sq ft and other things considered, it made sense to go to Bellewood for that price

So the difference between the two homes is roughly $45K with the custom home more expensive and smaller compared to NV Home house . Here are the major points
Bellewood vs NV Homes
0.27 acres backs to GHS road 0.36 backs to trees
5200 sqft incl. attic 5800 sqft incl. rec room in basement 1200sq ft
200 sqft unfinished attic 1000 sq ft unfinished basement
3 car garage 3 car garage
$800K + just under $800K
both house have almost identical layout 5 bed 5 bath in floor 1 and 2.

Considering the location, do you think at that price New Hill/Apex is worth even considering? I always go back to Rule#1 in RE... location and for that I think Bellewood Manor wins. Would appreciate your thoughts.

thank you
Maybe this is silly, but was Copperleaf Glen not at all a consideration for you, given the amount you're willing to spend in Bellewood Manor?

Because Copperleaf Glen is attainable for the low 800s, the homes are larger in general, and they have access to the amenities in Copperleaf.

Just a thought since you're talking location. I would think that being just off Morrisville Parkway would make Copperleaf Glen every bit as desirable (plus, that neighborhood is nearly done) if not moreso than Bellewood Manor (they are selling quite slowly) and the lots are all larger.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:56 PM

@RedZin : we did check Copperleaf but a 5K Sqft home is trending $950K and upwards.. ideally would like to stay around $800K.. - $825K

Old 04-18-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
@RedZin : we did check Copperleaf but a 5K Sqft home is trending $950K and upwards.. ideally would like to stay around $800K.. - $825K
Then, that pretty much puts you in Bellewood Manor if you want to be in Cary in a new home unless you want to have someone build you one in the last couple of lots that Wardson owns over in Cameron Pond that are near where the new park is going in. I think those lots are the same size or larger than Bellewood and could accommodate the house you're trying to build.

Is Braemore still building? I mean, I'm not a fan of gussied up tract, but that's the cheapest option if your goal is to build a new house with the lowest price per sq ft.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:43 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
If I was spending that much on a home I would rather go with the custom build in Bellewood Manor. Backing up to GHS Road though... Don't the homes face the road there? What is GHS Road listed as? Is it a thoroughfare or a connector? You might want to check into that, because it could affect your resale down the line. As mentioned there is Wardson at Cameron Pond but the two lots there are pretty close to Highcroft which once put through will be a busy road. I would have to second the Copperleaf suggestion - great location and still Wake County.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:47 PM

folks - thank you for the advice. We had reached out to Cameron Pond but it seems that the lots are pending or under contract. We will follow up with them again. Braemore is not our cup of tea .. cannot come to terms with spending that much money for tract builder. There is toll brother home available in Woodlands but I can see that the trims are not done properly, I can see the walls are not straight and with the horror stories that we have heard, we would rather live in a smaller custom built home in Cary or Apex than go with Toll or Ashton.

On the backing up to the GHS, I am sorry I messed up the roads. The lot we are looking at backs up to Green Level Church Road .. would be one of the lots in Phase 1. The lots that back to GHS are in Phase 2 and have a premium of $26K :-) ... Meeting with Legacy and Upright this week as well .

Does anyone know of upcoming expansion plans of Green Level Church Road or things that might negatively impact the resale value of the home if it backs up to Green Level Church Road?

Old 04-19-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
folks - thank you for the advice. We had reached out to Cameron Pond but it seems that the lots are pending or under contract. We will follow up with them again. Braemore is not our cup of tea .. cannot come to terms with spending that much money for tract builder. There is toll brother home available in Woodlands but I can see that the trims are not done properly, I can see the walls are not straight and with the horror stories that we have heard, we would rather live in a smaller custom built home in Cary or Apex than go with Toll or Ashton.

On the backing up to the GHS, I am sorry I messed up the roads. The lot we are looking at backs up to Green Level Church Road .. would be one of the lots in Phase 1. The lots that back to GHS are in Phase 2 and have a premium of $26K :-) ... Meeting with Legacy and Upright this week as well .

Does anyone know of upcoming expansion plans of Green Level Church Road or things that might negatively impact the resale value of the home if it backs up to Green Level Church Road?
Don't buy a house backing to GLC Road. That road will definitely get busier and will expand.

They do have other lots, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary