Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 2,667 times

Advertisements

We are wanting to relocate to Raleigh (from Savannah) and I work in IT. I am a network/systems admin. Are there any good staffing firms around there for this kind of work? I'm looking for work on Indeed as well but I figure it will go faster working with someone with connections in Raleigh.

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 PM

25 posts, read 24,052 times
Contact Piper Companies

Old 04-13-2016, 07:27 AM

140 posts, read 143,230 times
Have you tried looking at the companies directly on their websites' careers section? Cisco, SAS, IBM and Red Hat are all big players in the area.

Dice.com is probably better suited for searching IT jobs in the area. Also, a thoroughly complete profile on Linkedin helps a lot with applications on the Jobs function.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,224,764 times
I'm sure there's some good headhunters out there, but there's sooo many bad ones. Unless you're looking for a contract or c2h, then I'd do the legwork yourself as mentioned above.

Indeed.com is by far the best out there, LinkedIN jobs section, and Dice. Dice seems to be more geared toward contracts, and is more heavily used by headhunters it seems.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiuolo11 View Post
Contact Piper Companies
Thanks for the suggestion! I contacted them and had an offer about a week later. I'll be moving up there next weekend.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:18 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,961,206 times
hey whats the scoop on savannah? Was living there nice?

Obviously there are no IT jobs

Old 05-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Well, it's nice looking around here with all the historical buildings and parks downtown etc. The people are nice (as long as their not driving).

The issue is the job market sucks (for IT anyway) and most people drive like they're crazy. I was in Raleigh for interviews and was surprised that people actually let me out in the road and didn't speed up when I tried to change lanes!

Savannah is a smaller city contrary to what most people think, it's nothing like Raleigh or Charlotte area. It would be a good place to retire though.

Of course this is just my opinion and most people probably wouldn't agree

Old 05-01-2016, 07:29 PM

25 posts, read 24,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotson83 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I contacted them and had an offer about a week later. I'll be moving up there next weekend.
No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions about Piper Companies! I just moved into he area myself because I was offered an internal position with them. Figured you might benefit from calling them

Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 PM

236 posts, read 553,532 times
Check out MCNC in RTP. My husband is a network engineer manager looking to hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary