Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM

36 posts, read 150,898 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are any other areas with good jobs besides RTP? Like maybe Clayton, Wake Forest or anywhere else. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmtl2 View Post
I was wondering if there are any other areas with good jobs besides RTP? Like maybe Clayton, Wake Forest or anywhere else. Any ideas?
I think outside of RTP I would expect the next big employer locations to be in Downtown Raleigh, North Raleigh and Durham. There also seem to be a good level of opportunites in Cary to a certain degree. I'm sure there are jobs to be had in Clayton or Wake Forest, but they don't strike me as places with the most employment opportunites and can be somewhat limited depending on your field of work.

To me the largest employment opportunities are in:

RTP
State Government
Downtown Raleigh
Downtown Durham
NC State
Duke University
UNC Chapel Hill
Local Area Hospitals (Wake Med, Duke University Hospital, UNC Hospital, Rex Hospital)
North Raleigh (Various Office Complexes)
Cary (Various Office Complexes)

Like I said, I'm sure there are job opportunites in other towns, but these are the "big hitters" in my opinion.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM

36 posts, read 150,898 times
Could you please tell me what kind of companies are there besides science. My husband is in management in general or would like to manage a golf course

Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmtl2 View Post
Could you please tell me what kind of companies are there besides science. My husband is in management in general or would like to manage a golf course
Not sure if it's the south's great weather and abundance of golf courses, but I've encountered many people desiring to manage a gold course, teach golf, golf pro, etc. All said they found the pay extremely low here compared to other areas. I know that courses and clubs owned by national companies (like Starwood) pay well, but are harder to get a job AND keep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary