Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2016, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 637 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Looking at an apartment and will be moving soon, and I am wondering if anyone has any insight on the Lakewood area? It's right off Chapel Hill Rd. on palmer street. Anyone lived or know of someone living there? I've done my research and read some about it already - it sounds like a scary neighborhood. But everything I read was from about 5-8 years ago, so maybe it's not entirely the same. I want to believe that it is not all that bad of a place to live. Any insight will be very much appreciated Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:41 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Default Durham - Lakewood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcod View Post
Hi there. Looking at an apartment and will be moving soon, and I am wondering if anyone has any insight on the Lakewood area? It's right off Chapel Hill Rd. on palmer street.
It would help if you told people that you were asking about Durham, and that the correct name is Lakewood Park.

It is close to Duke and looks like a lower income neighborhood with some Hispanic businesses. Here is a Spotcrime.com Report : http://spotcrime.com/#Palmer%20St%2C%20Durham%2C%20NC

The report shows several recent assaults, and numerous thefts, burglaries and arrests. One robbery (with shots fired) was at the end of Palmer Street. I suspect you can find a safer neighborhood. Do a search of the forum on "safe apartment Durham" or "safe neighborhood Durham".

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-01-2016 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary