Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 08:47 AM

663 posts, read 1,619,431 times

Advertisements

We plan to put our kid into day care full time when he turns 2. He doesn't eat himself with spoon/fork as yet.

Any recent experiences with these (all in Morrisville)
1. All Starz (Mccrimmon)
2. Kids r Kids (Mccrimmon)
3. Primprose at the Park (Davis Dr)

4. Is web cam viewing facility very important?

[PS: I did search before posting and the threads I found were pretty dated.]

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 12:16 PM

145 posts, read 160,195 times
It isn't in Morrisville but not far away - We have our daughter in Spanish For Fun off Weston Parkway near North Harrison and are very happy with our choice. They have a webcam system available.

We visited several daycare options with our daughter to see which she responded well to. We tried a half day at a few and that helped us in making our decision as well.

Good luck in your search.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,932 times
Kids r Kids is great.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:16 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,662 times
I will comment on the web viewing. Used it at another location. It was helpful when my child got hurt on the playground and the staff gave me 2 different stories. It did give me some idea if my child settled in but it never gave the full picture because you have no voice on it.

FWIW, my child goes to another program now that has no video monitoring and it is a non-issue. Also had experiences with other programs that did not have video monitoring. If the staff is good and you trust them (trust your instincts) it is not necessary

Old 08-18-2016, 05:26 PM

663 posts, read 1,619,431 times
Any comments on Kiddie Academy in Morrisville? (Near Lenovo)

Old 08-18-2016, 06:14 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
I have friends that have kids at Kiddie Academy and they think highly of it. Our kid is at La Petite and we really like it. I think Kids r Kids is thought of as the best but they usually have a wait and are more expensive.

La Petite takes credit cards and is really really flexible with schedules. They are also open till 6:30 and have a pretty stable teaching staff right now. They don't have live look ins via video but they do send about 10 email updates a day that include pictures and details of what your child is doing.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:59 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
I had no idea that there were daycares with video surveillance. That's weird.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 PM

142 posts, read 223,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I had no idea that there were daycares with video surveillance. That's weird.
Why weird? My oldest went a preschool that had cameras allowing parents to take a look at what was going on. My husband was living overseas at the time, and it gave him a chance to see his son everyday. This was about 16 years ago (time flies!), well before skype.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:39 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverlyBrown View Post
Why weird? My oldest went a preschool that had cameras allowing parents to take a look at what was going on. My husband was living overseas at the time, and it gave him a chance to see his son everyday. This was about 16 years ago (time flies!), well before skype.
For one I wouldn't want my kids on camera all day. I know it's locked down to customers only, but still.

Second, I doubt good child care professionals want to work somewhere where they're being watched all day. They don't make enough money to deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary