Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM

58 posts, read 62,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It might help to find out how much you are currently paying for rent, because I've done a quick search and I see a handful of apt complexes with availability, minimal deposits, pets allowed, etc that have short-term leases available.

Hi there. Thank you so much for your effort! This is a great online community, I tell you what.

We are currently at $1400. Location is a huge issue, as my young child is in school in the Apex/holly springs area, and we provide transportation. My husband works in the Cary/apex area. I also don't want to be stepping over crack pipes and syringes coming and going, if you get my drift.

I called all the complexes in a 10 mile radius and none of them do less than 6-month leases. Can you include links to the complexes you've been able to find?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 08:09 AM

And, OMG! PODS are crazily expensive! I had no idea!

Old 05-06-2016, 08:29 AM

580 posts, read 711,626 times
My friend just used zippy shell.
Portable Storage & Moving Company | Zippy Shell Raleigh

She priced out PODS and it was too expensive for her so she found this company.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,595,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilulay View Post
Also, if someone could point me toward a resource for AFFORDABLE 60-90 day rentals, I would greatly appreciate it. Coupled with storing the belongings that won't fit into a small unit (we currently have 2400sqft), the expense is ridiculous. Craigslist is thin, and I'm not sure where else to go with it. When I type it into a search I get many apartment listings, but none of them indicate anything shorter than a 6 month. I need something that allows pets, and can accommodate a child in the apex/holly springs/Cary area. My child is a year round soon-to-be 1st grader at Middle Creek elementary, so we need to stay somewhat in her proximity as I am her transportation.
We had a 3 month contract that we extended a 4th month at the Bexley Triangle Park and I know they definitely take pets. It will be smaller than what you have now but they do have garages and there is a storage facility right down 55.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-06-2016, 09:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilulay View Post
Hi there. Thank you so much for your effort! This is a great online community, I tell you what.

We are currently at $1400. Location is a huge issue, as my young child is in school in the Apex/holly springs area, and we provide transportation. My husband works in the Cary/apex area. I also don't want to be stepping over crack pipes and syringes coming and going, if you get my drift.

I called all the complexes in a 10 mile radius and none of them do less than 6-month leases. Can you include links to the complexes you've been able to find?
The Meadows at Kildaire Apartments - Cary, NC 27518 | Apartments for Rent

I just called them. They do 3-month leases. I'm not sure what size apt you want, but I asked about a 2br, just to get a middle-of-the road estimate and the apartment that normally goes for 1089-1144 a month goes up to 1304 a month with a 3-month lease and they have a 150 deposit and 50 for an app/admin fee.

Also, pets are allowed (I told them my friends had 2 small dogs and they said they have breed restrictions, but small dogs are often not on that list). The pet deposit is usually 300, but they have a special now and it's 150.

They charge 35 extra a month in pet rent for 2 small dogs.

Soo... that one looks to be in your price range and squarely between Apex and Cary.

I do think there are complexes out there. My search was for short-term rentals in apex, nc when I searched on Google and I found this place through the Apartment Guide website.

I bet you can find something reasonable, and you could even do a month-to-month if your house doesn't finish on time for some reason.

Best to you!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!! This place is literally up the street from me, so I'm not sure how it didn't come up on my apartmentfinder search. You are an angel!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Apartments for Rent in Raleigh, - 134 Rentals

http://www.forrent.com/find/NC/metro...l+Dogs+Allowed

When searching on CL, use search terms of sublet and short term lease.

My comment on the builder cancellation fee was based on our experience with our builder in 2012-2013. For us, cancellation could have forfeited our entire deposit, which included a % of our upgrades. That would have been $25,000+. Hopefully, your contract is very different than ours was.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:10 AM

120 posts, read 251,199 times
We just signed a 4 month lease with Villages at Pecan Grove in Holly Springs, and it's lovely. Pets, kids, etc. They offer 3, 4, and 6 month leases for very reasonable prices. We were able to move in 3 days after contacting them. The apartments are fairly new (3 years), very clean, quiet, and we are very happy! My friend also lives here and rents a garage ($100/mo) for storage. We also have a lot of belongings in storage close by for VERY reasonable rates that I'm happy to give you info on.

Good luck, know that the unicorn DOES exist! Moving twice is no fun, but better than eviction.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:22 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Pecan Grove is really nice! Especially for kids with game rooms, playgrounds, basketball, tennis, huge pool...

If you move there, you may never leave!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:24 AM

I think I found something reasonable at RedZin's link. Just spoke with them and they are sending an itemized quote to me. This is doable, I think, and I may just be able to breathe now.

RedZin, you are absolutely an awesome person!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary