Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2006, 08:35 PM

37 posts, read 161,723 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any information on Toll Brothers Briar Creek Executive Collection homes in Raliegh.

Looking for comments on commute to RTP, quality of construction, etc.

Thanks

Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 01-31-2008 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: edited to comply with TOS

Old 11-24-2006, 12:04 PM

32 posts, read 45,751 times
I have a relative that lives there. I will say overall that it's a very nice home, but I think they are overpriced and am a bit skeptical of the quality.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:55 PM

354 posts, read 1,218,034 times
Interesting reading! A bit dated tho.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...13/focus3.html

Old 11-24-2006, 02:46 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
I have a friend who used to work for Toll Brothers. He liked it, didn't love it, but he is in the construction biz, so you wouldn't hear much about "loving" any of it! He thought they were quality builders, and didn't seem to have complaints from homeowners.

As far as commute, briar creek is right off of alexander. From there it takes my spouse less than 10 minutes to get to miami blvd (ibm). I think in part it depends on where you are going in rtp. He has said the only "clog" up can be people trying to get on 70 (glenwood ave) from alexander.

Leigh

Old 12-09-2006, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 8,842 times
Default Toll Brothers

We moved into Brier Creek Country Club in the summer. Let me tell ya, our experience with Toll has been nothing but negative. We relocated from California in the summer of 05. Brier Creek is a beautiful and convenient area-minutes to RTP, strip mall right across the street. We fell in love with Brier Creek (ok I did... kinda like love at first sight ). Toll Brothers have beautiful homes (but over priced, especially the options). Moderator cut: removed
To be fair to Toll, I think people run into problems with home builders in general, especially the mass production, choose from a set floor plan kind of home builders which allow customization to a degree.

Bottomline is, we love Brier Creek but would not suggest Toll Brothers. If you love this area, buy a resale from the market to avoid dealing with Toll Brothers.

Last edited by autumngal; 03-05-2008 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: to comply with the terms of service

Old 12-09-2006, 08:38 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujai View Post
We moved into Brier Creek Country Club in the summer. Let me tell ya, our experience with Toll has been nothing but negative. We relocated from California in the summer of 05. Brier Creek is a beautiful and convenient area-minutes to RTP, strip mall right across the street. We fell in love with Brier Creek (ok I did... kinda like love at first sight ). Toll Brothers have beautiful homes (but over priced, especially the options). Moderator cut: removed
To be fair to Toll, I think people run into problems with home builders in general, especially the mass production, choose from a set floor plan kind of home builders which allow customization to a degree.

Bottomline is, we love Brier Creek but would not suggest Toll Brothers. If you love this area, buy a resale from the market to avoid dealing with Toll Brothers.
Just out of curiousity and because I am a Realtor...did you have a buyer's agent with you?

I'm not really fond of any of the larger builders but sometimes its all you can get. Brier Creek CC in general, is overpriced but thats due to location AND toll brothers.

I usually run into some difficulties with the production builders but I make sure I get the problems under control BEFORE my clients become too upset.

Vicki

Last edited by autumngal; 03-05-2008 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 AM

14 posts, read 66,408 times
Toll Brothers is not a good or bad builder. The same goes for most other large builders.
If you went to an Outback Steak House and got terrible service from your waiter would you say that Outback is a terrible restaurant? The same thing applies to builders. I'm a Home Inspector and I get this question every time someone calls me to inspect a new home. "I'm buying a Toll Brothers Home. Do they make good homes?"
The truth is it doesn't matter what the corporate name is. The important things are
1. The superintendent on the specific site
2. The individual contractors and sub contractors on the job
3. The local permit inspectors
4. The inspector hired by the buyers.
5. etc, etc, etc
A house takes years to build. From first concept and drawing until the finish paint and carpeting is installed. In that time, many things can happen. Architects can be hired, fired or retired. Same goes for contractors, etc. There are so many trades involved in the process and so many systems that must work together that something is bound to go wrong in the process. I inspected homes for years in Maryland and DC and now inspect in the Triangle area. I have NEVER inspected a home either new or 150 years old that did not have at least a few concerns found in the home inspection. For this reason I don't think that one can or should generalize good or bad construction based on the builder alone. One home can vary significantly from the one next door to it. Maybe your carpenter was on vacation for 2 weeks and a sub came in. Maybe your electrician was at a Super bowl Sunday party that included heavy drinking until the wee hours of the night and wired your bedroom receptacles the next morning. Maybe that guy installing your roof finally got fed up with the fact that he was making $7 an hour to sit on top of that 125 degree roof he would never be able to afford himself and decided to get back at his boss and do a shoddy job. Anything can happen. The best things to do are drive through the area at different times of the day and make a few test runs in traffic to check out the commute yourself. As far as the home finding, hire a great buyers agent that will look out for your best interests throughout the home buying process and hire the most thorough inspector you can.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,732 times
I used to work in the Toll Brothers sales office location in another area. IMOP, the homes were okay quality wise. The sales people really sold them as quasi-custom...whatever that means. They do give you options but they are pricey.

I would agree with Mbartels. The sales staff, contractors, and other local reps were a disaster. Corporate had no control over anything and these people did whatever they wanted. In the community I worked, I heard people flat out lie to buyers.

I was on severance from another job and was working at the office for fun. I quit after a couple months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary