Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:27 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,216 times

Advertisements

For me, I think the worst part about moving to the Triangle was not leaving behind former friends and acquaintances or that I only know one person here, but that I have to find a new doctor, dentist, dermatologist and auto mechanic! I am well overdue for a visit to the dentist now, and want to set up an appointment with one ASAP.

I've looked at old threads on this subject in this forum, and have come up with several that seem to be recommended often:
  • Research Triangle Dentistry
  • Dr. Philip Lisk
  • Stansell Dentistry
  • Dr. Patel at West Cary Dental
  • Dr. Brian Glover
  • Britt Dental (Brier Creek)
  • Dr. James Chun

I do not have dental insurance right now, but am on a dental discount plan (Careington). One of the places locally that accepts this plan is Crabtree Valley Dental at Glenwood Ave & Lead Mine. Has anyone here had any experience with them?
A friend suggested that I try Longleaf Dentistry in Wake Forest, as they have a dental saver's plan. Does anyone know anything about them?

I'm willing to drive about 30 minutes or so from North Raleigh to see a dentist. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM

118 posts, read 178,239 times
I do not know what insurance or plans he has but Dr. Seth Rumley and his practice (Midtown Dental - Six Forks Rd) are great. Dr. Rumley is very kind, gentle and his practice is very up to date technology wise. I highly recommend!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Better Dental in downtown Apex is fantastic - that's where I go. My insurance didn't cover it but I've heard good things about Wainwright & Wessel at Falls of Neuse & Newton Rd.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
The sequence of events that lead me to meet Dr. Brian Glover started with my not having dental insurance and being desperate to get work done. I can sing his praises for how reasonable he has always been while we were cash customers, but that might distract from how good of a dentist he is as well. His advice has been excellent over the years, his work flawless and his chair-side manner probably the best I've come across.

There may be other excellent dentists out there who will meet your needs, but I promise you they aren't better. Plus he's in North Raleigh.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Stansell takes 10% off if you don't have insurance. They ARE expensive.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:06 PM

230 posts, read 255,624 times
Someone posted on the Raleigh Moms Group warning people not to go to Crabtree Valley Dental. She said they told her she had several cavities that needed to be filled, but when she got a second opinion, she only had 2.

I highly recommend Dr. Silvoy at his fairly new practice, Better Dentistry. It's off of Marriott Dr, across from Crabtree Mall. Dr. Silvoy has been my dentist since I was a teenager, when he worked at Dental Works. Now that he has his own office, the service has been excellent. They are great with kids too. The hygienist, Samantha, got my 3 year old son involved with my cleaning once and he now enjoys going to the dentist.

I went there when I didn't have dental coverage and paid out of pocket. Check and see if they are running a special. They had a deal for xrays and cleaning when I went last.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:26 PM

547 posts, read 774,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
The sequence of events that lead me to meet Dr. Brian Glover started with my not having dental insurance and being desperate to get work done. I can sing his praises for how reasonable he has always been while we were cash customers, but that might distract from how good of a dentist he is as well. His advice has been excellent over the years, his work flawless and his chair-side manner probably the best I've come across.

There may be other excellent dentists out there who will meet your needs, but I promise you they aren't better. Plus he's in North Raleigh.
Brian Glover is the best!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liney59 View Post
I do not know what insurance or plans he has but Dr. Seth Rumley and his practice (Midtown Dental - Six Forks Rd) are great. Dr. Rumley is very kind, gentle and his practice is very up to date technology wise. I highly recommend!
This is the one in the shopping center between the McDonald's and IHOP, right? I remember when they were putting up this building, I thought it was going to be a new Japanese restaurant! I still think it looks like a Japanese restaurant whenever I drive by there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscottfitz View Post
Someone posted on the Raleigh Moms Group warning people not to go to Crabtree Valley Dental. She said they told her she had several cavities that needed to be filled, but when she got a second opinion, she only had 2.
Thanks for the warning. I did find it sort of odd that I wasn't able to find any reviews about either of the two dentists who are on the Careington discount plan here. I really hate it when dentists (or doctors or auto mechanics) push you to have work done that isn't really necessary.

Thanks everyone for all of the replies!

Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 PM

115 posts, read 277,067 times
Raleigh Family Dentist | Raleigh Pediatric Dentist | Bufano & Bufano DDS

They are fantastic. Less than 5 minutes from North Hills area off Six Forks Rd.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:26 AM

115 posts, read 277,067 times
Does Brian Glover's office do same day crowns and does he also do root canals? My former dentist did neither and I want to choose a place that offers both.

I had my first visit at Spectrum Family Dentistry yesterday. I liked Dr. Le, but the person cleaning my teeth had shaky hands. Not something I want to see from someone who has sharp objects near my mouth. So this has me reconsidering going to a new place and Brian Glover's reviews online are excellent.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary