Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 AM

1,318 posts, read 1,529,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiacat View Post
I basically only go to CTC and TTC for the Dillard's. It's a shame the only two Dillard's in the area are in the dying malls, because it's definitely my favorite department store (their house brands are great for workwear).
We like The Walking Place. Recently bought three pairs of shoes there. We also recently bought smart phones at the Best Buy store at CTC. Had a great experience at that store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:36 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,884,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenblade View Post
Ok guys, I went to CTC and tried out the new bakery, thanks to the posting here, and it is AWESOME!!! Everyone must go and try out all their delicacies! There was a huge array of scrumptious triangular cakes, about 15 different flavors, and mounds of cookies, croissants, and other pastries. I heard a man saying how good the croissants were, so I bought a chocolate one, in addition to a slice of black forest cake and a cup of coffee. The young lady working there was friendly and chatty. She said everything was made fresh daily from scratch. The cake was good and fresh, a little too sweet for my liking due to the abundance of chocolate curls on top, but the chocolate croissant was the absolute BEST I have ever had. I'm talking 10 times better than what you'd get at Panera Bread or Starbucks. Wow! Can you tell I really liked it? If I had a party or work meeting, I would buy them by the bagful. So much for losing weight. I'll definitely be going to this bakery every time I visit CTC. My son also gobbled up bits that I allowed him to have. Next time, we might have to each get one.

As for the rest of the mall-- disappointed that Jets Coffee has closed down (although their food was stale; guess it's hard to make a profit on coffee drinks), as well as Ann Taylor Loft, Justice, Structure, C3 (that was an odd store with lots of knick knacks), the snack place near the carousel, Macy's, ..... that was a ton of stores that all shut down in less than 6 months. Also the house decor place that was near Macy's and the food court-- Kirklands maybe? I can't remember the name. The new furniture store where Sears used to be seems pretty nice with good prices. Some of the furniture didn't even have price tags on them, but we were just browsing anyway.

Limited Outlet has some terrific deals on their clearance, all the way in the back right of the store. Everything is an extra 50% off. So I got work pants for $10 and a sweater for $8.50. Great deals all around.

Glad you weren't dissuaded and used your own mind.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:12 PM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Just picked up a couple pieces of chocolate cake. Looks like a nice bakery with a lot of different kinds of cakes and a few variety of cookies.

Saturday afternoon, hot and muggy, and while there were a lot of people milling around, few were carrying purchases. I saw less than a dozen bags.

Lots of "for lease" spaces and several stores that were apparently still open, just not open today. Food Court was about half full.

How can businesses keep their doors open with so few purchases?

Old 06-04-2016, 01:17 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,707,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
several stores that were apparently still open, just not open today.
Those businesses probably should re-evaluate their business policies, lol. That or they've just given up on that mall as well.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:57 PM

821 posts, read 1,458,119 times
Yes, I stopped by the Hallmark 40% off sale....and the bakery. Smelled wonderful, wasn't quite sure what some of the things were (some were labeled). It looks like the entire mall is highlighted in the rezoning request, so maybe those are short-term leases they're trying to fill!
Ice cream shop, but still no FroYo...

Old 06-04-2016, 04:03 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,884,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How can businesses keep their doors open with so few purchases?
the same way others do.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:47 PM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Those businesses probably should re-evaluate their business policies, lol. That or they've just given up on that mall as well.
Maybe so. Metal gates down at 2 on a Saturday afternoon would certainly indicate at lest some lack of enthusiasm for doing business.

I'm stunned that there were so few visible packages. The mall had a lively feel with people everywhere, but it seemed more a social experience than a shopping one. The kids' play area was clear full. Groups of teens wandered about.

I read occasionally that with Wegman's development going in across the street, the mall may go through a transition as well but have not read of any plans for redevelopment. Is there something in the works?

Old 06-05-2016, 07:06 AM

9,141 posts, read 14,715,987 times
I think the ownership was somewhat surprised with the speed of how things turned there and then suddenly at the same time, it looked like something might finally happen on the land across Cary Towne Blvd. they were starting to do a few things with the old Ragazzis site being the fist where they have approvals for a small single story 3-5 storefront building, but if I had to guess, they are looking harder at the entire property and probably waiting a bit to see what actually happens on the potential Wegmans development and how high end that turns out to be and what the mix of uses ends up being. So far, that developer has only talked to Cary officials about generalities and has not made any official submissions so it's up in the air.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 AM

821 posts, read 1,458,119 times
I found this interactive development map a few months ago, and it looks like the entire mall area is highlighted, but I couldn't make sense of the documents that seemed to be associated with it (I'm pretty ignorant on this kind of thing).
Interactive Development Map

Old 06-05-2016, 09:54 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,707,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
I found this interactive development map a few months ago, and it looks like the entire mall area is highlighted, but I couldn't make sense of the documents that seemed to be associated with it (I'm pretty ignorant on this kind of thing).
Interactive Development Map
I believe this is what you're referring to:

It's an illusion of something grander. This is really only the restaurant being developed at corner of Maynard and Cary Towne Blvd. Even though it's on an out-parcel, it's part of the mall-at-large. Don't be fooled, there's nothing major happening with that swath of highlighting. Pay attention to the "comment" section of the development map for that. It says "9,450sf of restaurant/retail use" -- just this corner:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary