Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 05:38 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times

Advertisements

If you have a AAA membership, you can go to the outlet mall customer service and pick up a coupon book for many of the stores. They do this in both Smithfield and Mebane. I find that some stores have good deals and some are just meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 01:15 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,681 times
Vicki, so glad my suggestion worked out for you!

Old 06-23-2016, 06:07 AM

94 posts, read 160,315 times
Try some voucher platform sites for clothings which have amazing deals and offers to buy new clothes.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:14 AM

207 posts, read 433,361 times
Both outlet centers have their benefits. I live 10 min from Smithfield so of course I go there more often but I prefer the layout of the Tanger center which is much newer. Smithfield has more restaurant choices near by for a sit down meal. Smithfield has Adidas which is a family favorite for me. The coupon book for Tanger is better in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:43 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
If you have a AAA membership, you can go to the outlet mall customer service and pick up a coupon book for many of the stores. They do this in both Smithfield and Mebane. I find that some stores have good deals and some are just meh.
First stop is always customer service at Smithfield I like the Merrell Store, but I don't mind taking my wife there for a few hours. The best part is going Percy Flowers Store on the way home for a couple of hotdogs all the way.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:19 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,553 times
Had nothing to do and needed a break so tried both Tanger in Mebane and the Smithfield outlets. Needed some things and wanted to go to bigger stores for more variety.

Knowing what I know now I can't recommend driving out of one's way for either.

About all I could see about Smithfield was essentially an exploded mall in strip mall configuration. Tanger seemed mostly either stores that exist in any mall anywhere in the country, or, outlets filled with largely tired or off-fashion items with hit-or-miss choices and availability of sizes. Prices didn't seem any better than usual retail. I don't think the prices were better there than regular retail.

I'd say that Crabtree is better on all levels - quality, variety. stock, and food options, not to mention proximity.

If there are other, better options I'd really like to know.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:01 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post

If there are other, better options I'd really like to know.
Yep. Belk's, Macy's or Dillard's when do 50-75% off sales. Which they do frequently.

And T J Maxx. Some of the Ross stores.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:05 PM

326 posts, read 384,864 times
I agree with others that there are rarely any deals to be had at the outlets. One notable exception was several years back when the Polo store had a partial rack of men's Ralph Lauren Purple Label dress shirts they had received from a retail store.
I picked up a couple for about 60 bucks each...typical retail on them was about 400 bucks (I still can't imagine how some people legitimately pay $400+ for one dress shirt). That's the only true deal I think I've ever found at an outlet; they were the nicest shirts I've ever owned.

As someone else mentioned, many of the bigger name stores have low-end clothing produced specifically for the outlets at a lower price point. I learned of this several years ago speaking with an employee at the Brooks Brothers store--I was totally unaware of it at the time.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:27 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
If your kid (or you) likes to wear Converse, the Converse store at the Tanger Outlet in Mebane has great deals on unique styles you can't find in other stores. When we went back to school shopping we got one pair of funky high tops for $45 and the second pair for $10.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:20 PM

197 posts, read 208,382 times
Not an outlet mall, but you *might* like Nordstrom Rack (South Point area Durham). I used to frequent Off5th at Morrisville Outlet (closed) but now I go to Nordstrom Rack instead. Might as well check out Streets at South Point if you go that way from Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary