Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 AM

232 posts, read 552,909 times

Advertisements

Daughter had an 8 am domestic flight Sunday morning. We arrived at 7:00. The line for security was fairly long, but not to the entry point. She was through in 10 - 15 minutes - plenty of time to get to the gate before they started boarding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 09:37 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
So funny, mine was conditionally approved yesterday...and the first interview I can get in Charlotte is OCTOBER.

Keep checking. Briefly yesterday an appointment in July came up, but I can't go that day.

Hoping RDU hosts them again this summer.

Edit: Wow, I just checked CLT again and no appointments available at all, but one came up in Atlanta for tomorrow.
Yep, I ran into the same thing with RDU, CLT bookings. Like you, I'm conditionally approved awaiting interview.

If you're up for taking a trip, I found that the Orlando Sanford airport had a fair number of bookings on short notice. (Like, three weeks' advance notice.) I have family in the area so I am going down one day next week for my interview, etc., then going to hit the beach and spend weekend with family. Always a bright side!

Old 06-19-2016, 04:19 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
May meant record numbers for Raleigh-Durham International Airport. That’s according to new statistics released this week.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...passenger.html

Also this:
Another non-stop flight is set to debut out of Raleigh-Durham International Airport. This time, it’s a new service from RDU to New York’s LaGuardia Airport.

The news comes weeks after Delta announced a new direct flight to New Jersey’s Newark Airport that is scheduled to begin in November.

With United, RDU will have three carriers serving LaGuardia. American and Delta already offer flights. And American, Delta and JetBlue serve New York’s Kennedy airport.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...ht-to-rdu.html

Old 06-19-2016, 04:24 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,595,059 times
I flew out a month ago on a Saturday morning and the TSA line was all the way down to the windows (past American's baggage check counter) to the right of the TSA entrance (T2). It took forever! Several people in line had flights that they ended up missing because they were not allowed to cut. All the other times I have flown out the lines have been pretty short - maybe 10-15 minutes to get through the line at most.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:07 PM

714 posts, read 721,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
The news comes weeks after Delta announced a new direct flight to New Jersey’s Newark Airport that is scheduled to begin in November.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...ht-to-rdu.html
Thanks for posting this. I have to fly back to NJ periodically for work and this will at least give me some more options (and maybe some price competition).

Old 06-19-2016, 05:09 PM

156 posts, read 181,980 times
Just flew out of RDU this morning. Line looked pretty long on the main line. I bit the bullet and signed up for TSA precheck. Went right through. Its been about 3-4 years since I last visited RDU, so I can't say much more than that.

Nice airport though. Hoping they add non stop flights to Austin.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:21 PM

714 posts, read 721,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
So funny, mine was conditionally approved yesterday...and the first interview I can get in Charlotte is OCTOBER.

Keep checking. Briefly yesterday an appointment in July came up, but I can't go that day.

Hoping RDU hosts them again this summer.

Edit: Wow, I just checked CLT again and no appointments available at all, but one came up in Atlanta for tomorrow.
I looked at CLT into 2018 and there was NOTHING...that's why I said screw it, I'm just going to fly to Newark for the afternoon and blow a weekend day. Sucks, but worth it. As long as I can go to Terminal C where there are decent eats, I'm OK. Terminals A and B are dumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary