Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 04:58 PM

55 posts, read 88,068 times

Advertisements

Dear all,

I recently asked a couple of questions regarding house hunting in Cary / Apex, and thanks to all your help we are now seriously considering Regency at White Oak Creek.

Again, I would like to know if you have any general comment / suggestions regarding this community, in case we haven't thought about it.

Here is our basic info:

My wife and I have two kids (4 years and about-to-born). Due to my wife's knee issue, we are looking for a ranch style house. Good assigned school is another priority for us. We are Asian, so being close to Asian grocery store would be ideal.

Regency at White Oak Creek is a community with all ranch style house, which can solve my wife's knee issue.

I called White Oak Elementary, which is the assigned school, and a lady told me the school is designed for 900+ kids, and there will be 300+ kids for next year. I am informed in this forum that this school will have some kids from Davis Drive and Highcroft, so I assume the school will be good.

Living in a community without many kids was a concern, but the sales office told me there will be a playground in this community and it will be shared with Enclave at White Oak Creek, which I assume will have more kids. That could partially solve the problem.

My wife is homemaker, and I will work around downtown Raleigh. The commute seems to be less then half hour through US64 from Google map, though morning traffic could be worse (?). Grand Asia and Today Asia are within 20 minute.

I also checked RDU noise map contour, and this community is beneath a main arrival path, but is out of 55 decibel contour. So I guess (and hope) the noise is not an issue (?)

The community seems to be in a more suburban area (e.g. the Green Level Church Rd. in Apex is much narrower than it is in west Cary). We prefer a more developed (or more occupied area) such as west Cary, but I also see there are many surrounding communities under construction. Maybe in 5 to 10 years it will look more occupied?

This is pretty much What I can come with. We are living in Northeast and about to move down later this year. We did visit this community in April but only have some limited idea about it.

Thanks again for reading my post, and any comment / suggestion regarding this community is very appreciated. I just want to make sure moving there is not a regretful decision. (We just moved a year ago from a house we don't like. I very like my current one, then I realized I would need to move down...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 06:08 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
I would think any new community in West Cary/west Apex is going to have a lot of kids.

I would not be concerned about that.

The school is going to be new, you will have a chance to help shape the vibe there. It doesn't just magically spring from kids who were originally zoned from other, well-regarded schools.

Expect traffic issues over there as the years go by as they are jamming in one development after another on what is basically a two lane country road, and they are building a new high school on the corner of Roberts Rd and Green Level.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:15 AM

117 posts, read 140,654 times
Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but Regency is marketed as Toll's 55+ community, right? I remember hearing of some people who weren't happy that they bought in the Regency community in Brier Creek because it was the old folks.

If that's the case, I'd look at the other Toll community at White Oak - Enclave - I think.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:10 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizzo View Post
Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but Regency is marketed as Toll's 55+ community, right? I remember hearing of some people who weren't happy that they bought in the Regency community in Brier Creek because it was the old folks.

If that's the case, I'd look at the other Toll community at White Oak - Enclave - I think.
Neither Regency at White Oak or Regency at BCCC are age restricted.

When Regency at BCCC opened their first phase of ranch homes (2008 ish), the intention WAS to make it a age restricted 55+ community of about 450 homes with its own pool, clubhouse, etc. Toll had an option for property along Page Road that was (and still is) owned by the Page family. Due to the recession, Toll let that option expire. When they later went back to the Page family to renegotiate, the price was too high for Toll. They completed a total of 124 ranch homes on the property they already had, and made arrangements for residents to use the facilities at the big, main CC (at a cost, of course).

These homes WERE marketed to older adults, which made a lot of business sense. Since the ranch homes are in Durham County, they are not particularly attractive to families with school age children. The one story floor plans obviously have a strong appeal to older adults. Including all the landscaping maitenance in the HOA fee was also a benefit to draw in seniors.

I have heard that some residents of big BCCC were unhappy with the arrangement of special memberships for Regency residents. As far as I can tell, nobody cares anymore. In fact, we have a couple of homeowners who downsized from big BCCC to Regency homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary