Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,382 times

Advertisements

Falls Lake is awesome, we boat and wakeboard there multiple times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 09:28 AM

5 posts, read 6,568 times
One more question, where is the rope swing?

Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kater198 View Post
there are several. will you be on a boat? which launch ramp?

Old 06-20-2016, 06:45 AM

703 posts, read 780,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kater198 View Post
There is a rope swing in the second northshore cove, north of the New Light Road bridge. Someone has actually marked its location if you go to maps.google.com. Entering the cove by boat, the swing is about 500 ft into the cove on the left side.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
There is a rope swing in the second northshore cove, north of the New Light Road bridge. Someone has actually marked its location if you go to maps.google.com. Entering the cove by boat, the swing is about 500 ft into the cove on the left side.
This is basically the most popular one on the lake

Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,560,653 times
I certainly hope Falls lake is alright. My family and I went boating and swimming in it this weekend. No funky diseases or bacteria growth have been discovered yet

Old 06-20-2016, 10:09 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I don't swim in any local lakes however, they do test the water and will close it if levels are bad. Usually it's in much later in the summer when the water temps really heat up. That said, I'm headed out there today for a few days! I love the lake out there I just don't swim in it!

Old 06-23-2016, 08:16 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I don't swim in any local lakes however, they do test the water and will close it if levels are bad. Usually it's in much later in the summer when the water temps really heat up. That said, I'm headed out there today for a few days! I love the lake out there I just don't swim in it!
I'm not a particularly 'careful' or cautious person, and initially thought this no swimming thing was a bit over the top. Today, I read this, and I'm thinking maybe I SHOULD be more cautious.

Brain-eating amoeba suspected in teen's death after visiting Charlotte Whitewater Center | Local News - WYFF Home

Old 06-23-2016, 09:38 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,796 times
I fish Falls a lot and my boat almost always comes out of the water with a 'Ring around the Collar' and a need to be wiped clean. The lake is still beautiful but the water quality has really taken a hit in the last 10 years or so. I hate it when I hit the lake on a Monday and see all the crap left in the water from the weekend. At least you can see and remove that stuff. It's the pollution you can't see coming from the feeder rivers that scares me the most.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 AM

190 posts, read 200,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not a particularly 'careful' or cautious person, and initially thought this no swimming thing was a bit over the top. Today, I read this, and I'm thinking maybe I SHOULD be more cautious.

Brain-eating amoeba suspected in teen's death after visiting Charlotte Whitewater Center | Local News - WYFF Home
Read the article closely, they say that the probability is really low. If you want to be more cautious about it and be consistent, you would have to be cautious about many things going on. Do not drive a car, I am sure the probability to have an accident is way higher. Do not take a plane. Maybe, stay at home and we all be better off (joking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary