Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Good article about the "revival" of Apex.

newsobserver.com | Revival puts Apex on a new high (http://www.newsobserver.com/267/story/1117191.html - broken link)
Thanks for posting that! I have got to go check out Apex, I love a little historical downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 05:20 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
I really wish this stuff had been there a few years ago when we were living down there. I'd have killed for a coffee shop I could walk to.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,824 times
Default Apex

I've passed by a couple of times after 9 pm and it just seemed like such a friendly area. People our taking walks by the shops and walking their dogs. One day when I have a little more time I want to go stop by the coffee shop.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times
I love downtown Apex. I love the mexican rest. La rancherita on Salem St. But on friday and saturday nights there are lots of people walking downtown on salem st. I highly recommend Salem st. for a family night out.

Yum!

Oh yeah. Salem st. is much better in person!

Old 02-11-2015, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 806 times
Is Apex affordable for someone with middle-class wages? My husband and I are checking out nice Southern towns. We are looking to move from Michigan. We both have lived in Michigan our whole lives and want warmer weather and to be around nice Southern people.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:08 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
What price home are you looking for, and what would you like in the home and community in which you buy? That will tell whether Apex, or other towns in the Triangle, may be a good fit. I would also suggest a separate thread on what the specific requirements you may have, as your question may get lost within this older thread.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
What price home are you looking for, and what would you like in the home and community in which you buy? That will tell whether Apex, or other towns in the Triangle, may be a good fit. I would also suggest a separate thread on what the specific requirements you may have, as your question may get lost within this older thread.
Good advice.

And.... 7+ years later, Apex has changed a lot. Before I saw the date, I was wondering how (or what time of day) OP took the pictures to make it look that deserted. Fact is that it's still a cool town, but in 2015 it's got a LOT more going for it than it did in 2008. That's good for some folks, bad for others. It is no longer what is represented in those pics, IMO.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiMae View Post
Is Apex affordable for someone with middle-class wages? My husband and I are checking out nice Southern towns. We are looking to move from Michigan. We both have lived in Michigan our whole lives and want warmer weather and to be around nice Southern people.
Define "middle class wages."

Apex has a variety of homes for a variety of prices, but what one might expect to get is the real issue, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary