Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 946 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'll be moving to Raleigh soon and was hoping to get some apartment/living recommendations. I'm 25 years old, will be working by Fayetteville and W Davie St, and have a car which I'm bringing. I'm looking for a 1 bed/1 bath apartment, newer/modern, and looking to spend max $1200 a month (this includes utilities, internet, etc..)

A few questions:

1) Given where I'll be working, would it be a terrible idea to live anywhere but walking distance from work? I'm open to living in surrounding areas such as North Raleigh, Cary, etc., but not sure how wise it would be.

2) My company pays for a portion of parking. How bad is parking in downtown Raleigh?

3) A few complexes that have caught my attention below...would love to hear if any of you have experience with these:

- Bacarra Apartments
- Allister North Hills
- Legends Cary Towne
- The Tribute
- Lofts at Weston Lake
- Audubon Parc
- The L Apartments
- The Avenues
- Camden Ashbury
- Century Tryon Place
- Park at Crossroads

Thanks in advance for the help everyone! Would be glad to provide any additional information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 08:08 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
I would live as close to downtown Raleigh as you could - you're young and you can afford it, so why not? It's the most happening place here in Raleigh and you'll be working there anyways. You can always live in North Raleigh or Cary when you buy a house or start a family etc....

I lived at Allister North Hills when I first moved here and loved it. Probably a bunch of places closer to downtown Raleigh as well. I've heard good things about SkyHouse, 401 Oberlin, St. Mary's Square and The Devon. Probably some rentals on Zillow as well.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:25 PM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,495,485 times
Edision is opening right on Davie and has units for slight deals right now since the whole place isn't open.

Anything like Skyhouse, L, Edision, the Lincoln will be hard for that price range though if they don't have specials going on. However, you would save some money on gas vs commuting.

Parking isn't bad in downtown, there are a few decks right around where you will be working. Most run 90-110 a month.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:48 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Before buying my townhouse, I looked at some apartments by Cameron Village/Glenwood South - you can definitely find a studio at the very least for $1000/month

Old 07-03-2016, 09:28 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
To Pierretong's point and my own research, there appears to be a trend towards Glenwood South, especially for your demographic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary