Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 05:59 AM

546 posts, read 1,678,970 times

Advertisements

I'm in, especially if it's on a weekend night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
I would join if schedule allows, I'd love to meet some of you (I've only met one person here in person, and that was before I knew about CD so it doesn't count).

I will go wherever is decided, but I might suggest something a little less popular than Raleigh Beer Garden would be more accommodating. I'm Cary-centric, but as ideas I think of:

Rudinos at HighHouse and Davis (because it's always empty and has the outside deck)
Big Easy in Cary, because that place is awesome and is not overly crowded
Any of the brew-pubs (Crank-arm, Raleigh, Big Boss, etc), although most don't sell mixed drinks or food
RallyPoint in Cary: Kinda dumpy, but VERY centrally located.

Etc...

Like I said, I will go wherever it is, if I can. Just thinking that Raleigh Beer Garden is crowded on ANY night. Going there with 20-30 people will be complicated.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:47 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I would join if schedule allows, I'd love to meet some of you (I've only met one person here in person, and that was before I knew about CD so it doesn't count).

I will go wherever is decided, but I might suggest something a little less popular than Raleigh Beer Garden would be more accommodating. I'm Cary-centric, but as ideas I think of:

Rudinos at HighHouse and Davis (because it's always empty and has the outside deck)
Big Easy in Cary, because that place is awesome and is not overly crowded
Any of the brew-pubs (Crank-arm, Raleigh, Big Boss, etc), although most don't sell mixed drinks or food
RallyPoint in Cary: Kinda dumpy, but VERY centrally located.

Etc...

Like I said, I will go wherever it is, if I can. Just thinking that Raleigh Beer Garden is crowded on ANY night. Going there with 20-30 people will be complicated.

Agreed on Rally Point. Somewhat central and dumpy.
Is it a place where the family with kids would be comfortable?

"Centrally located" is a very key term. It would be nice to see the Orange and Durham County CD Faithful find it convenient enough to attend.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

"Centrally located" is a very key term. It would be nice to see the Orange and Durham County CD Faithful find it convenient enough to attend.
To me, yes. It is a bar, they do serve alcohol, and they have an outdoor area that has corn-hole and whatnot. I have brought my daughter there a few times, day and night. In my opinion, it is the opitomy of family friendly, others may not agree though... Probably no different than Ale House, other than "more dumpy", which IMO is a plus. :-)

Old 07-12-2016, 07:28 AM

181 posts, read 387,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Okay, I guess I needed to be more specific.

Wine, vodka, rum, or margaritas are required. (After an unfortunate episode with Colt 45 when I was 12 years old, beer has been off the menu for me.)
I don't think anyone has ever had a fortunate episode with Colt 45.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:34 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Wouldn't that be around the Brier Creek or RTP area?

Old 07-12-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Wouldn't that be around the Brier Creek or RTP area?
Rallypoint is within a mile of two of (if not "THE") the geographic center according to this map. (near "b", which is Umstead Park.)

Old 07-12-2016, 09:07 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
Rally Point sounds good. Some good dates? It's kind of far from me so it would have to be an evening or, preferably, weekend afternoon/evening.

BTW I love the discussion about all the usernames. Hilarious. Affirming my desire to have a meetup tenfold.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:42 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
That map reminds me of a test I had of blood flow in my eyeballs once, but Rally Point sounds good to me, preferably on a weekend afternoon or happy hour (though that might be problematic for our Realtor members).

Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 AM

BTW, I am not "advocating" for Rallypoint, I may not even be able to attend, but I do think a central location, and one with lots of space makes sense. As I re-evaluate, Brier Creek is probably equally close to center. Can't go wrong with either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary