Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:35 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
What new Thai restaurant? You're not referring to Champa, are you?
Tamarind, they call it Asian Fusion, but mainly Thai. Just like Champa can be called Asian Fusion too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 09:38 AM

5,131 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Do you think it will survive where it is?
Don't think so.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Oh please......the only time there is any type of "traffic" is commuter time in the am and pm Mon-Fri. It's not what I would consider real traffic and no way in the universe could you (in any way) compare it to Manhattan traffic. I'm from little tiny RI and traffic in Brier Cree is nothing in comparison.
Totally agree. I haven't experienced any Brier Creek traffic I would consider unbearable. At worst, maybe been at a stoplight for 5-10 minutes. Nothing compared to when I used to live in Morrisville, being stuck on HW54 or Davis Dr for 30 minutes just to reach the stoplight.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 AM

544 posts, read 851,912 times
I find it amusing that Brier Creek tries to position itself as upscale golf country club, yet there is absolutely noting upscale about the shopping and dining.

In looking at the directory, I see only one place to buy a men's suit (can't speak to quality women's wear) and nothing that I would consider a "nice" shoe store. I don't even think there is a good jewelry store there. Boring chain restaurants with mediocre service and next to nothing for non-chain restaurants. No place to eat to impress a date or go for a special occasion.

It's not laid out very well for traffic flow and you need to be very alert behind the wheel. Good luck backing out of a parking space. Many people will charge on by and expect you to stop. Courteous they are not. I'm sure they meet the minimum number of required parking spaces, but it's not really enough.

The shopping center is walkable, but not much thought was given to people walking beyond that. There are no crosswalks across Glenwood, and only two crosswalks across Brier Creek Pkwy between Glenwood and the entrance to the country club.

Now, all that being said. It's a good convenient location -- RTP, airport, 540. Considering the huge number of apartments, it's good for people who are new to the area or aren't planning on staying.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 AM

What does Brier Creek Country Club have to do with Brier Creek Shopping center? They are two completely different entities. The former can position themselves as upscale. I've never heard the latter try to do the same.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
When we first moved here I thought Brier Creek was beautiful however one step inside the Walmart there when several planes flew over was enough for me to not want to live there. Some people are not bothered by noise but for me it was a deal breaker.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:24 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
When we first moved here I thought Brier Creek was beautiful however one step inside the Walmart there when several planes flew over was enough for me to not want to live there. Some people are not bothered by noise but for me it was a deal breaker.
We in the back end of BCCC (off Globe/Page Roads) and don't hear any excessive plane noise (except from the very occasional military helicopter.)

And we spend a considerable amount of time in our backyard during nicer weather.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Certain areas of Brier Creek, Morrisville, and Cary are under the flight path. All depends on what parts you live. Strangely enough, all the times I've shopped at Brier Creek, I've never noticed any plane noise, or maybe got so accustomed to it.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:10 AM

5 posts, read 8,189 times
I love the Brier Creek area. Ever since I moved to this area over 10 years ago I've lived within a 5 mile radius of it. Having said that, I do agree with some of the others that have mentioned the lack of unique restaurants and stores. I can certainly find what I need at the places that are currently there but it would be great to have some variety and more choice. And why can't we get a good gym?! I don't care to do Crossfit and the Anytime Fitness is not appealing to me. I wish the Harris Teeter going in was going to be a Publix or Wegman's but at least it's something other than Wal-Mart or Lowe's.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Having been to Kroger recently, I wish we were getting one of those. Cheaper than Lowes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary