Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,040,001 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how to figure out how many gallons of water per day/week you are using from your Town of Cary water bill?

With so much emphasis on conserving water, it shouldn't be that hard to put it on the bill in way that is easy to figure out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 PM

557 posts, read 947,563 times
This article might provide you some assistance:

newsobserver.com | Saving water's simple until you get the bill (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/wake/raleigh/story/878560.html - broken link)

Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM

426 posts, read 1,487,203 times
If you sign up to view your bill on townofcary.org you can see that info under the consumption report section

Old 02-20-2008, 06:48 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,124,114 times
I just discovered the electronic access to your bill. I'm going to have to hunt around for a paper bill so I can sign up. Utility Billing Online Overview (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/fndept/utilitybilling/uboverview.htm - broken link)

I know my paper bill did have the total number of gallons and somewhere hidden on the bill was the number of days in the month, so a little math could get the gallons/day. But to me that wasn't the most confusing part. The most confusing part is the weird reverse calendar they use for the graph, so the bar on the left is the most recent month and the bar on the right is the same month last year. I would expect the reverse and I have to stare at it to interpret it every time I get a bill.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:30 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,960,868 times
The online account can also give you a great graph view since you started the account. As the water fees change, its hard from just the $ to tell how actual usage has changed over time.

The online account can show you this so you can compare month to month or year to year.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,040,001 times
Thanks for the information everyone. I signed up on the website but when I tried to login, I keep getting this weird message! Has anyone else had this problem?

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:12 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,419,983 times
Default Little help, please

How can I compare our household water use to the Cary average? I don't understand "where" exactly we fit in on our conservation efforts?

Has the Town of Cary published numbers on average household use? or individual use? I would like to know how well, or how poorly, we are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary