Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:26 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynate View Post
Yes you're right, Cebu City is done with summer month now our summer is March-end of May. We look at the weather and differentiate it too! He considers to give way to me too since he can really work anywhere if he wanted to. We're both trying to meet half way since I just missed Cebu. They have Christmas Caroling there in NC they have some culture that I used to have growing up! Rochester is just very different to me. I asked my hubby and he said that he just love our house and sad to let go of it but I keep reminding him that we have to really move no matter what since the kids education is very important.

For me, instead of paying a nice house in Pittsford, Fairport, Penfield, Victor for a great school since we're moving anyway... I just wanted to settle a place where it is convenient. My hubby doesn't wanna do anything when it is cold coz he doesn't like to go out in the cold. So no point to that... His fave brothers are out here too so only his 4 younger sisters left here...

So is Charlotte side is less icy than Raleigh? which area in Charlotte you can recommend to live we can own a house like or similar here in Victor, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport. If I can have a ranch house I wanted to have a ranch house would be easier for me physically...

Thank you again....
I would not say Charlotte is less icy than Raleigh. I'd say they're similar. They are only a few hours apart, max (depending on how fast you drive).

We get ice storms in NC in winter. We get snow sometimes, too.

It is definitely not as cold here in winter as it is in Rochester.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:48 AM

9 posts, read 8,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yep, that was my take as well. Garner, Clayton, Knightdale. . .
Thank you to those who tried to explain others in my behalf! I will look at this area... I look at the 3 areas you mentioned and I love the area Garner and Clayton but the highschool isn't great. Is Cleveland Highschool is great? Can you suggests the same area in Charlotte like Garner too? Since we have two kids school is very important factor to us. A girl who do belong to Chorus in Eastman School here and do Ukele and a boy who is very active and love sports. If can't get a good school near the city I am willing to drive up to 20-45 mins as long as my kids can have a great school. I look at the houses and it is similar here so I am sure hubby would be fine on how the houses are set up. Where those Science School or Charter School located? Thanks all for being patient and helping me out! If can figure out and gather my lists of places to see I can't wait to visit this November and see the places. My daughter is a very smart kid who earned 14 ( 4's) in her final grades in second grade last year, as a mother I just think she needs to be in a class where she will be challenge and have the same brain skills she has. She got bored and so I have to let her do a lot of activities. My sister backhome belongs to a Science School that only brilliant kids can attend no matter what your status in life... They don't have that here in Rochester do you have that in NC?!

Last edited by Keynate; 08-24-2016 at 07:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 07:08 AM

19,385 posts, read 27,654,653 times
Finding a ranch house isn't going to be easy, especially if you want something relatively newish. Finding a 2 story with a master downstairs is far more common.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:40 AM

9 posts, read 8,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Finding a ranch house isn't going to be easy, especially if you want something relatively newish. Finding a 2 story with a master downstairs is far more common.
yes, I tried to research but mostly its colonial house... we are in a colonial house too and just too tired to do lots of stairs...thank you

Old 08-25-2016, 12:55 PM

757 posts, read 2,077,369 times
You should look into Wake Forest. 30 min to the airport. Tons of upstate New Yorkers live here. It's a really great town with great schools.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:01 PM

2,000 posts, read 3,569,931 times
In the summer the temp is usually about 10 over Rochester give or take. The winter is way easier, the 'ice' storms are not that bad and are infrequent. But the heat/humidity in the summer can be bit much similar effect to the snow in the winter but not as severe.

As for the housing, aside from a few more up to date development methods you have the same range of housing options as you would in upstate NY. I would leave it up to a a real estate agent on the board to point you in directions/options.

As for the salaries I would say this area far and away supports more high paying jobs that Upstate/Western NY does. I moved out of Rochester because I couldn't find a job in IT worth my time after graduating RIT and that was 15 years ago now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary